Groups

Job Application Personal Statement!

Hi All,

My wife is currently filing in an application form and we've come to the personal statement bit, but after a few attempts we back to a blank piece of paper. I was wondering if anyone is willing to send a copy of a personal statement they have done previously so we could steel some ideas!

Thanks

Abz

16 Comments

"I am Abz wife. I like carrots and binoculars. Can I have a job?"

might work...

In the personal staement mentiuon achievements your wife may have, such as cpr or something like that. also mention past times and qualities that she poses eg good team player ect motivared

Thats cheating !! lol

you really need to tailor it to the job, so what is the post?

Original Poster

lol, i know its cheating, but we know what we need to write but just cant get it all in a good format!

Original Poster

bazzaric;4552519

you really need to tailor it to the job, so what is the post?

its for an occupational therapist job

Get the person spec and try to answer the essential requirements by responding with your wife's skills, whether professionally or personally,

Yeah but people on here don't know your wifes qualities etc so it would be rather generic.

Original Poster

like i mentioned i'm looking at getting a format rather than copying a personal statement! We know what we want to write! the peroblem we're having is writting the da*n thing!

Is this the NHS Scotland generic application form? If so, do what choc says and just make up something matching each of the sections in the essential column of the person specification.

I presume your NHS Scotland by the location in your profile!

good listener, kind, considerate, sensitive to the needs of others, focused, motivated, driven
    all that kind of jazz

Original Poster

thanks all for your help!

Thanks Choc for the link as well!!

Rep Lef!

Abz;4552531

its for an occupational therapist job

Here it is then:

"I like to pull up old men's pants and help old ladies go wee wee"

Sorted.

Abz....

PM me your email address. I just started working as a nurse last Nov (first job since qualifying and have my personal statement, and that of a friends (also nurse) that she's happy I forward too for ideas.). I had to look at hers coz I like you and your wife was just baffled !!!!!

Original Poster

WeeWifie;4553415

Abz....PM me your email address. I just started working as a nurse last … Abz....PM me your email address. I just started working as a nurse last Nov (first job since qualifying and have my personal statement, and that of a friends (also nurse) that she's happy I forward too for ideas.). I had to look at hers coz I like you and your wife was just baffled !!!!!

PM sent, thanks a million
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767472
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691425
      3. word association Game74044579
      4. One thing you've forgotten911

See more discussions