Job Application Question

Hi

I have been made redundant so i am now applying for jobs.

I am filling one in now and slighly stuck on what to write here.

They want evidence of experiences of Respect for Race and Diversity??

Any ideas. I know its about personal Experience but am a little stuck

20 Comments

easy...... you contribute to multiple HUKD debates and not been banned yet :thumbsup:

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;4405807

easy...... you contribute to multiple HUKD debates and not been banned … easy...... you contribute to multiple HUKD debates and not been banned yet :thumbsup:

Good Call :thumbsup:

type the question as it actually says on there.

Sounds like the kind of questions i was asked with the police recruitment. Just write about a time when you had to deal with racism, or something along those lines.

Original Poster

aslz78;4405839

Sounds like the kind of questions i was asked with the police … Sounds like the kind of questions i was asked with the police recruitment. Just write about a time when you had to deal with racism, or something along those lines.

It is for Police. For background Admin anyway!!

something about treating everyone as individuals, respecting their wishes, individual needs??

Banned

I got stuck on that question for my Police application too, ended up throwing it in the bin as I've never had any dealings with respecting someone's race and diversity. I always make sure I don't put my foot in it by avoiding anything religious.

"I have no evidence of experiences with regards to respect for race as this is not an issue I look at in day to day life, I treat everyone I know and meet as an individual regardless of race, creed, colour, sexual orientation or disability. By highlighting specific examples of how I respect race would dismiss the fact I believe in equality for all."

thats what i'd put.

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;4405831

type the question as it actually says on there.

Behavioural Competencies are an Integral part of the recruitment process for all posts in this Organisation. At paper sifting we would like you to provide evidence of your experiences of the following competency areas

Respect for Race and Diversitys

leeroy;4405890

Behavioural Competencies are an Integral part of the recruitment process … Behavioural Competencies are an Integral part of the recruitment process for all posts in this Organisation. At paper sifting we would like you to provide evidence of your experiences of the following competency areasRespect for Race and Diversitys

see post above....... now, if you do get in you owe me and expect this favor to be honour next time I get done for speeding :thumbsup:

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;4405881

"I have no evidence of experiences with regards to respect for race as … "I have no evidence of experiences with regards to respect for race as this is not an issue I look at in day to day life, I treat everyone I know and meet as an individual regardless of race, creed, colour, sexual orientation or disability. By highlighting specific examples of how I respect race would dismiss the fact I believe in equality for all."thats what i'd put.

Thanks i like that :thumbsup:

MinstrelMan;4405881

"I have no evidence of experiences with regards to respect for race as … "I have no evidence of experiences with regards to respect for race as this is not an issue I look at in day to day life, I treat everyone I know and meet as an individual regardless of race, creed, colour, sexual orientation or disability. By highlighting specific examples of how I respect race would dismiss the fact I believe in equality for all."thats what i'd put.

That's a classy answer

aye, king off bull **** me, :lol: happy 1k btw fellow red.

I've been through most of the process, and im in the process of transferring my application to a different county (failed local assesment centre by 1%!!(got 59%))

I didnt do particulaly well on the subject, but racial bullying is the easiest to write about. I based mine around something that happened in the pub a year or 2 ago. Just remember, it can be anyone that isnt Caucasian UK born.

• As (previous job title) for (previous company), I was responsibly for carrying out the function and responsibility of the post with due regard to the Equal Opportunities policy. I ensured I participated in the development of services to meet the needs of the multi-racial community, ensuring the continuing appraisal of anti-discriminatory policies and procedures. I administered this with staff; ensuring individuals were made aware of the College’s policies and implemented these within staff meetings and supervisions.

I used this line for a similiar question. Good luck

MinstrelMan;4405949

aye, king off bull **** me, :lol: happy 1k btw fellow red.

Cheers mate

Original Poster

aslz78;4405954

I've been through most of the process, and im in the process of … I've been through most of the process, and im in the process of transferring my application to a different county (failed local assesment centre by 1%!!(got 59%))I didnt do particulaly well on the subject, but racial bullying is the easiest to write about. I based mine around something that happened in the pub a year or 2 ago. Just remember, it can be anyone that isnt Caucasian UK born.

Thanks, just off the subject, when they are asking about sickness what does D.D.A related mean??

DDA is something to do with disability. Sickness is because in the past year before applying you cant have had more than 2 day off ill from work.

Banned

tell them your, a muslim, fundamentalist recruiting terrorists.

Original Poster

aslz78;4406035

DDA is something to do with disability. Sickness is because in the past … DDA is something to do with disability. Sickness is because in the past year before applying you cant have had more than 2 day off ill from work.

Thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions