Job applications

Posted 24th Mar
I just wondered if job applications and job interviews are still allowed during this lockdown? Would that be a non-essential activity?

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Depends on the business, some have suspended applications and interviews until further notice whereas others are still continuing through different mediums. I myself have an interview next week however received an email stating it would now be done via Skype.
No, job applications and interviews will be put on hold unless applying/working for an essential role ie... NHS, Tesco etc...
Only if it's for an essential job. Otherwise they shouldn't be operating let alone conducting interviews
Im gonna try to use commen sence and say that as most places are closed for a while, i cannot imagine there would be anyone available to interview you.
Been looking for a job since the start of COVID-19, no success. On previous occasions I would've found a job within 2 weeks, but now it's definitely a lot more difficult. I think it's simply because interviewees are off as previously stated, and that most people have been laid off or on leave, why would they need more people?
Edited by: "sAmeri" 24th Mar
lollypoplee24/03/2020 15:44
"Im gonna try to use commen sence and say that as most places are closed for a while, i cannot imagine there would be anyone available to interview you".

Next time, please use a dictionary first.

(Before anyone says it, I'm not a pendant for spelling but couldn't resist....sorry).
Edited by: "HappyShopper" 24th Mar
HappyShopper24/03/2020 19:22

lollypoplee24/03/2020 15:44"Im gonna try to use commen sence and say that …lollypoplee24/03/2020 15:44"Im gonna try to use commen sence and say that as most places are closed for a while, i cannot imagine there would be anyone available to interview you".Next time, please use a dictionary first. (Before anyone says it, I'm not a pendant for spelling but couldn't resist....sorry).

A little ironic that the word you were looking for is pedant
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants