Groups

Job Help

I applied to work as an optocal assisstant in specsavers and now i Have an Interview there, and i realised that i dont have a clue what optical assistants do lol. Can anyone shed some light on the situation

8 Comments

I thought u needed some kind of qualification to be an optical assistant?? Might be wrong - dont know much about the role itself but good luck with your interview x

It's a sales role and then they'll train you up

Original Poster

carol123;4763419

I thought u needed some kind of qualification to be an optical … I thought u needed some kind of qualification to be an optical assistant?? Might be wrong - dont know much about the role itself but good luck with your interview x

Nah all they said was a good standard of education is needed thats all.
    And thanks.
    choc1969;4763430

It's a sales role and then they'll train you up

Yeah i imagined it would be like the specsavers equivalent of a pharmaceutical assistant

optical assistant can have to do lots of different things,like filing and answering phones, to looking after people who are choosing glasses-ie be aware of pricing and different types of lenses in the store(perhaps go a little early and have a look around).be aware of contact lenses too-and why people mite wear them.other roles could include doing some pre-exam tests like testing the visual fields and pressure in the eyes-you'll def be trained up for that tho!
    they will train you up on everything but id say the main thing is to be happy and smile!good luck!

my friend does that for specsavers, she does lots but basically helps people choose glasses, styles etc.

Original Poster

shaneomac;4763805

optical assistant can have to do lots of different things,like filing and … optical assistant can have to do lots of different things,like filing and answering phones, to looking after people who are choosing glasses-ie be aware of pricing and different types of lenses in the store(perhaps go a little early and have a look around).be aware of contact lenses too-and why people mite wear them.other roles could include doing some pre-exam tests like testing the visual fields and pressure in the eyes-you'll def be trained up for that tho!they will train you up on everything but id say the main thing is to be happy and smile!good luck!

Thanks for the help, thats what i presumed it would be to be honest but didnt want to go in thnking it was that ot and it wasnt

superskilly;4764730

my friend does that for specsavers, she does lots but basically helps … my friend does that for specsavers, she does lots but basically helps people choose glasses, styles etc.

Thanks

Thanks for the help all repped

I think an optical assistant is a fancy word for WINDOW CLEANER!!

Original Poster

The Therapist;4766820

I think an optical assistant is a fancy word for WINDOW CLEANER!!

nah its more than that. Besdies why wopuld they need someone to come in for 8 hours a day and clean widndows
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047116
      2. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…89
      3. Spotify Family Premium share513
      4. word association Game73944489

See more discussions