Job Help

Hello
I've just finished my modern apprenticeship at a company. They wanted me to stay on for another 6 months.

So they created a job that was advertised internally (to reduce the amount of applicants) specially for me,and they recommended i applied for it .

The job description was the same tasks as i did for my modern apprenticeship, and the person spec was based on my qualifications and my expericence.

The job was advertised with the wage was between 11 grand (lowest grade in the company) and 14 grand.

I was the only one that applied and i got offered the job.

But i have now found out that they have put me on the lowest grade there is
However i meet the essential and preferred qualifications and the experience.

So i thought i would of been in the middle of the wage advertised (about 12)

Any ideas what i can do

11 Comments

i suppose the first question is, do you have any other options ?
Next, how old are you ?

ask for a meeting with your manager and tell him your not happy !! end of mate.

Original Poster

Cyrus

i suppose the first question is, do you have any other options ?Next, how … i suppose the first question is, do you have any other options ?Next, how old are you ?

Im 19
I did look for other jobs,but then i stopped as i thought staying at the company was a good deal.

If they've paid towards your apprenticeship I doubt they want you to go anytime soon, I'd speak to the boss/manager and say exactly what you've said here.

even at 19, thats a very low salary. Talk to boss and get it sorted.

On the other jobs you looked at, Did they offer more money?

If so use that as a bargaining tool.

Original Poster

i would be happy on the 12,
There wasn't any chance to negotiate when i was offered the job
and i wasn't asked what wage i would like to be on .

I feel abit disappointed

Original Poster

Iom-RF

On the other jobs you looked at, Did they offer more money?If so use that … On the other jobs you looked at, Did they offer more money?If so use that as a bargaining tool.

most of the other jobs started at 12 and went up

if they offer up to 14 say you want 14 and you'll be bargained down to 12 at the lowest but if you're any good at all you should be able to get a bit more... Just give the reasons you gave here and remind them how good you are and how hard it'd be to get someone else in.

To be honest i'd do nothing for a while - keep your head down, work hard, then suggest a rise at your 6 month appraisal. You are only 19 and have no paid experience so its not too surprising your at the bottom of the scale, but if you are good then its likely you will climb the scale quickly as they will want to hang on to you...

Original Poster

jah128

You are only 19 and have no paid experience so its not too surprising … You are only 19 and have no paid experience so its not too surprising your at the bottom of the scale, but if you are good then its likely you will climb the scale quickly as they will want to hang on to you...

I've had 2 different jobs before i did the modern apprenticeship
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona1972
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846124
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1113
    4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2540

See more discussions