Groups

Job Interview Questions

I have a Job interview tommorrow only for a supermarket but i need to answers these standard questions but havent had enough experience really to give a good enough answer. Before you say i know i should be answering these my self. If any one could help give an answer i dont care if i havent done it before, i just to make a good impression.
    The questions are;
    1) Example of when you have taken ownership of a problem
    2)A time when you have overcome a difficult situation or problem
    3) An example of when i have been polite + respectful to someone despite difficult circumstances

Cheers

10 Comments

Banned

well firstly....

whats your work experience
    whats your educational experience?

you been to college yet and did you pass?

Original Poster

kapows;6491932

well firstly....whats your work experiencewhats your educational … well firstly....whats your work experiencewhats your educational experience?you been to college yet and did you pass?

Work: Call centres, I've worked at the same supermarket but in a different place.

at college currently doing ICT in my second year

Banned

okkkkkk

so youve worked in a call centre AND you have experience working in the same supermarket....and cant figure it out,,,,
    anyway...
    what position you got an interview for and what position did you have previously? (in the supermarket)
    and were you a customer service advisor? collections?

They're not really questions anyone else can answer easily, it's all down to you own experiences, sorry!

I would imagine working in a call centre you would have good examples to give for all 3 of these questions.

2. Just show that you can understand the problem, find a solution and put the solution into effect. Basically they would be looking to see that you can use your own initiative and also engage your colleagues as a team to collectively solve problems.

You must have had one or two happy callers at least working in a call centre. In a call centre the happy customers are the ones who never phone back, in a supermarket the happy ones always come back!

Banned

1) What problem have you had recently that you can use.Explain what it was , waht you did, your thinking behind any actions. It has to be your problem or you wont sound convincing.
    2) Again think of a difficult situatuion you had a school, home college. Whart was the problem, what did you do, how did you change it. In hidsight what would you have done differently.
    3)Think of a difficult situation you have been, not agrreing with someon? What did you do, what was said, how did it turn out, would you have done anthing diifferently.

Just come up with a list of things that has happened to you that you talk about if the right question comes up. Write them down and dont be afraid to look at them in interview it shows you have prepared.

Hope this proves helpful and good luck

dont forget you can answer these questions with things that have happened to you in life - not just work

Talk a load of ******...it works for politicians, lawers and ICT staff.:)

1) Example of when you have taken ownership of a problem
    [COLOR="Red"]when the bus drivers shift was up he just got off and left the passengers stranded, you jumped in the seat and drove it home.[/COLOR]
    2)A time when you have overcome a difficult situation or problem
    [COLOR="red"]tackling the roundabouts at 40+ mph in a double decker was difficult but achievable.[/COLOR]
    3) An example of when i have been polite + respectful to someone despite difficult circumstances
    [COLOR="red"]you slowed down to 10mph to let the other passengers off when passing their stop[/COLOR]

Any word on the job?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions