Job loss fear after cross put in Wakefield company van

Found 17th Apr 2011
bbc.co.uk/new…578

Absolutely barking - why is this a problem to the ninnies who run this company. What harm could it possibly do to anyone?

17 Comments

Banned

"WDH said he failed to comply with company policy which prohibits employees from displaying personal items in vehicles."

Why do people break company policy and then moan about it when they get found out?

He accepted the rules when he took the job, he should be disciplined as they see fit.

Deffo a troll bait thread....

JonnyTwoToes

"WDH said he failed to comply with company policy which prohibits … "WDH said he failed to comply with company policy which prohibits employees from displaying personal items in vehicles."Why do people break company policy and then moan about it when they get found out?He accepted the rules when he took the job, he should be disciplined as they see fit.

I agree with you he knew the rules but I wonder if the rule would be enforced if it had been an item that symbolises another religion, i.e Labour's favourite.

Banned

simplyjimbo

I agree with you he knew the rules but I wonder if the rule would be … I agree with you he knew the rules but I wonder if the rule would be enforced if it had been an item that symbolises another religion, i.e Labour's favourite.

It's a personal possession. OP and BBC are making it an issue because it just so happens to be a cross. Rules so no personal possessions - can't see what the fuss is about.

Absolutely barking - why is this a problem to the ninnies who run this … Absolutely barking - why is this a problem to the ninnies who run this company. What harm could it possibly do to anyone?

Where do you draw the line?

lol, the issue isn't the cross they're looking for a way to sack him to because he's due to retire, they found their get of jail free card. You can bet your life that pretty much the entire fleet has personal possessions in their vans.

simplyjimbo

I agree with you he knew the rules but I wonder if the rule would be … I agree with you he knew the rules but I wonder if the rule would be enforced if it had been an item that symbolises another religion, i.e Labour's favourite.

Pure speculation not substantiated with facts

Alfonse

lol, the issue isn't the cross they're looking for a way to sack him to … lol, the issue isn't the cross they're looking for a way to sack him to because he's due to retire, they found their get of jail free card. You can bet your life that pretty much the entire fleet has personal possessions in their vans.

Conspiracy theory ahoy!

thesaint

Where do you draw the line?

packed lunch on the passenger seat...............

Alfonse

lol, the issue isn't the cross they're looking for a way to sack him to … lol, the issue isn't the cross they're looking for a way to sack him to because he's due to retire, they found their get of jail free card. You can bet your life that pretty much the entire fleet has personal possessions in their vans.

I don't know a person at the company I work for who doesn't have personal possessions in his work van. If the vans don't come pre-equipped with sat nav and you have one attached to your windscreen, I doubt the same rule would apply.

thesaint

Conspiracy theory ahoy!

no consipracy, lots of companies in this climate are pressing down hard, to find ways to "lose" employees.

Alfonse

no consipracy, lots of companies in this climate are pressing down hard, … no consipracy, lots of companies in this climate are pressing down hard, to find ways to "lose" employees.

Someone should tell him, because it has passed his, and his legal representaives by.
What do they know, when you've sorted it out from your PC?

thesaint

Someone should tell him, because it has passed his, and his legal … Someone should tell him, because it has passed his, and his legal representaives by.What do they know, when you've sorted it out from your PC?

i have no idea what you are getting at, are you saying that this could never happen and hasn't happened before!?!?

Edited by: "Alfonse" 18th Apr 2011

good job, i as a customer would be put off doing business with a co associating itself with religious nutts.

for example, imagine BUPA staff wearing jesus cross- no way i would renew my private health insurance- because patients would more likely get treatment according to their beliefs.

he should be sacked and never employed again in this country

Alfonse

i have no idea what you are getting at, are you saying that this could … i have no idea what you are getting at, are you saying that this could never happen and hasn't happened before!?!?

Anything "could" happen.
He says he "fears" that he will lose his job.

I guarantee you that he won't if he follows the rules of the people that pay his wages.

thesaint

Anything "could" happen.He says he "fears" that he will lose his job.I … Anything "could" happen.He says he "fears" that he will lose his job.I guarantee you that he won't if he follows the rules of the people that pay his wages.

well you're the only one giving guarantees
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I5 7600k vs i5 740022
    2. Topcashback trick or treat cashback giveaway23
    3. disneyland paris tickets44
    4. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed433

See more discussions