Groups
    EXPIRED

Jobcentre Plus is making the way it pays benfefits and allowances simpler

Important changes for people receiving the following benefits from Jobcentre Plus:

. Income Support . Jobseeker's Allowance

. Incapacity Benefits . Bereavement Benefit

Between April and October this year, the day on which Jobcentre Plus pays your benefit or allowance will change. If you are still receiving payments at that time, this will mean that your payments will:

. be paid a minimum of fortnightly and continue to be paid in arrears
    . be paid up to the same day for all of the above Jobcentre benefits you may receive.

17 Comments

LOL at the tags...

They should enforce 37 hours of queueing...

Tag-tastic!

Banned

Why haven't they mentioned employment and support allowance, I wonder.:thinking:

Original Poster

where did last post go

[email protected];4473533

LOL at the tags... They should enforce 37 hours of queueing...

You've never been to a jobcentre then? They do!

Banned

dontasciime;4473632

where did last post go

I guess ESA is listed as an incapacity benefit.

harlzter;4473668

You've never been to a jobcentre then? They do!

I did - they tried quite hard to get me to sign on rather than find a job! Completely useless...

Original Poster

Can the person responsible for tag editing be banned ?

comes to something when you have to expire and spam your own topic. ( I had to delete the tags I tagged as I did not want to be accused of all of them especially when a post referred to the tags. I know which ones were mine but not everyone reading would have)

Some people take the high ground when they have no right to and are indeed the very thing they think they differ from. Be Proud.

people can see they are not you when in view view mode when you click on the tag it shows who wrote it but you can report the thread to the mods and they will delete them

the link at the top of this page is Northern Ireland so I am enclosing the Uk version which explains the same but is a different page layout for those people used to using the UK webste for benefit information.

]http//ww…es/

On that page it explains that its going to take several years to impliment this for all existing claimants.

Timescales

The process of converting people's benefit to the new arrangements will begin from 6 April 2009.

Any New claims after 6 April 2009 will be subject to the new rules with conversion of existing claims taking place over two years up to 31 March 2011. If you are affected by the changes, Jobcentre Plus will notify you in advance by letter, explaining the details of your change and when it is going to happen.

Thanks for the info OP

Original Poster

Wenchybev;4474932

the link at the top of this page is Northern Ireland so I am enclosing … the link at the top of this page is Northern Ireland so I am enclosing the Uk version which explains the same but is a different page layout for those people used to using the UK webste for benefit information.]http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/WorkingAgeBenefits/Whatyoushouldknow/payday_changes/On that page it explains that its going to take several years to impliment this for all existing claimants.TimescalesThe process of converting people's benefit to the new arrangements will begin from 6 April 2009.Any New claims after 6 April 2009 will be subject to the new rules with conversion of existing claims taking place over two years up to 31 March 2011. If you are affected by the changes, Jobcentre Plus will notify you in advance by letter, explaining the details of your change and when it is going to happen.Thanks for the info OP

Thanks for the uk link I forgot to change it.

Look out for a letter 4 weeks before these changes take place and appeal under hardship rules

dontasciime;4474174

Can the person responsible for tag editing be banned ?

Person who placed the tags seems to be............]sn0ttyang3l
    if, ]this method of spotting who has tagged a thread is correct
    I hope the person never finds out what it can be like when there is no job :-(

Edit: seems they have been suspended, not sure if it's related but thank you mod(s) either way for acting on the report(s)

i do know what its like - ive been there twice - but like i always say - the truth hurts some people because they know they are lazy and expect everyone else to give them something for nothing - well i dont begrudge anyone who NEEDS benefits to claim it - but i think we should have the same system as other countries in the fact that you can only get something out of the fund if you have paid something in - that would cut down on a lot of false claims

Bump as this could affect people starting from last week

aint this the norm?

muffin247;4925514

aint this the norm?

No

Info below taken from MSE

What's this about?

This April sees the beginning of a big benefits payments procedural shake-up, between now and March 2011.

If you receive jobseekers allowance, incapacity benefits, income support, severe disablement allowance, bereavement benefit or widows benefit, your payment day and frequency will be altered at some point during the two-year roll out.

Those getting attendence allowance, disability allowance or carers allowance won't be affected.

What are the changes?

If you're paid weekly, payments will change to fortnightly and you'll now be paid in arrears; which means some people could be left for up to three weeks without any income.
    The day of the week you get paid may change too as your national insurance number will be used to determine which day you should be credited with funds.

If the final two digits of your NI number ends between...

00 and 19, your payment day will change, at some point, to a Monday
    20 and 39, to a Tuesday
    40 and 59, to a Wednesday
    60 and 79, to a Thursday
    80 and 99, to a Friday

Don't get caught out

The Job Centre will send out a warning letter four weeks before you'll be personally affected by the change. The info will include how to apply for an interest-free loan from the Department of Work and Pensions, if you think the changes will cause you hardship; especially for those who may face a one-off gap of nearly three weeks between benefit payments during the changeover period.

But you must apply for the loan - it won't be given automatically. It'll cover the full missing benefit amount but will have to be repaid in six fortnightly payments, debiting directly from future benefit payments.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543734
      2. Apples new update47
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1629
      4. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2325

See more discussions