Found 30th Dec 2007
I've been in my current washing up job for nearly 2 years & I hate it.

The pay isnt great, I think it is what causes my skin to peel on my hands quite often & it doesnt do my face any good because it gets hot & greasy & my skin wont clear up, but has started to when I have had time off work & goes worse when I start again.

The thing I do like about the job is the flexibilty though because, with having football sometimes my games are on sundays & if I am going away I can phone up & say I cant come in & they are fine with this.

I only want a sunday job as this will allow me to night fish on friday nights sometimes & I can still play my games on saturdays & go back to the lake after them. I would get extra shifts hopefully in school holidays.

My mum has got me some application forms for various places including Asda, Tesco, Next & Halfords, so less smelly, cleaner jobs.

But does anyone know of large companies who are quite flexible with hours? Someone told me that sportsworld are but I havent been in their yet.

I am going to go into a few places hopefully over the next week & ask about their jobs & get all the forms filled in, but with application forms do you usually find out about flexibility, wages etc if you are called to an interview because there is nothing about it in the forms?

One thing I was thinking about was glass collecting at a local pub. I think my mate got about £20 a night for a few hours but had to work until midnight but was only about 3 hours work. He did it on fridays which would mean I could fish after football on Saturdays & stay all day sunday as well giving me more time on the bank

So if anyone knows anything or has any advice about it then please post. Mum has said I can quit if I want but I like the extra money & wouldnt just want pocket money each month so want to find something new first

cheers
James

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

I also want to know this, i have a wash up job atm and its great!! but i want another one so i can afford a car. Applied at argos but no replies the feckers!! :x

Supermarkets are best for your age - Working at Tescos atm at 18 and on £6.62 ph which is good

The army you lazy *******

waterloo;1396500

The army you lazy *******

Thats really unfair!

For all we know - he's either still at school - or college! At least he is doing something :thumbsup:

Becksdawe;1396523

Thats really unfair! For all we know - he's either still at school - or … Thats really unfair! For all we know - he's either still at school - or college! At least he is doing something :thumbsup:

I was joking honest :thumbsup:

Good on you james you have the right attitude you will do well keep it up and with a name like james you cannot fail.

James, why not try the agency s as they are often looking for part time people for odd shifts, while i was at collage i used to work for the blue arrow(not sure if they still exist mind) doing catering jobs all over the place on some pretty good money also. Are you still at school, or studying ect ?
Mcdonalds are pretty good to their staff also , and its resonably flexable days/nights ect.
hope this helps you some.

Original Poster

Got this last year of school then off to collage in September. Dont want to much work this year because I want to mainly concentrate on my GCSE Exams but something similar to what I am doing now on sundays would be good, then do more whilst at collage.

I can get £5.69 at asda which is alot more than the £3.85 that I get currently. Going to fill a load of application forms in tomorrow for various places.

I'd never do it personally, but I'm sure all the fast food outlets would love to have you...

James, you have a fabulous work ethic. I'm sure you will do whatever you do. Good luck.

James...;1396729

Got this last year of school then off to collage in September. Dont want … Got this last year of school then off to collage in September. Dont want to much work this year because I want to mainly concentrate on my GCSE Exams but something similar to what I am doing now on sundays would be good, then do more whilst at collage.I can get £5.69 at asda which is alot more than the £3.85 that I get currently. Going to fill a load of application forms in tomorrow for various places.

Supermarkets are good but do you really want to sit ona checkout all day - luckily on electricals so do more

seriously good on you. I was a glass collector in a pub when I was 16 worked a sat night 9-12 and got about £15 (cash in hand) then and that was 12 years ago :? (think I landed on my feet with that one!!!)

Moved behind the bar after my 18th and loved it!! Worked in a pub when I was at uni which was a killer but the money was good and it did cut back on the time I was able to get drunk!

I actually miss bar work and would love another bar job but the hours now would kill me with Ankle muncher

i did glass collecting £20 for 4 hours work, and i also worked behind the bar at 18, loved it

A pub/bar job is a good idea. A lot of pub landlords don't give a toss and will happily stick you behind the bar at 16 anyway. Selling alcohol when you're under 18 is actually acceptable as long as an age-appropriate staff member gives you the nod of approval for each customer. This is the case with supermarkets at least.

Seriously though, my mates that got bar jobs always had something to fall back on when they came back home from uni for a few weeks, whereas Sainsbury's got arsey at me for not being able to do four solid weeks at christmas. The working atmosphere is much better too, excellent for meeting people and all that.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch45
    2. Swimming goggles for 3 year old44
    3. printing pictures22
    4. Second sky q mini box - can i buy from ebay?1318

See more discussions