John Lewis £125 voucher claim trouble

Posted 16th Dec 2019
Hi

john Lewis we’re running a promotion in October where you got a £125 voucher after purchasing selected electronic items.

i bought the iPad Pro which it said was in the offer but I’ve just had my claim rejected as it wasn’t over £1,000. I actually bought it in store and the guy gave me a leaflet to make the claim, it was also on their website at the time that it was included.

i bought the 64gb WiFi version which was (only) £730.

Anyone else having similar issues? I’ve seen other people have received theirs even from other items less than the ipad.

thanks
Community Updates

Groups

10 Comments
Get in contact with John Lewis
Arto16/12/2019 11:10

Get in contact with John Lewis

Hi

i have, the claim line number have told me it had to be over £1k and told me to take it up with the store if they have miss-advised me, I can’t get to the store yet so I called normal customer service and they advised that they can’t see anything about it being over £1k.

i will go to the store this week, but just wanted to see if anyone else was having a similar issue.
Alistair123416/12/2019 11:14

Hii have, the claim line number have told me it had to be over £1k and …Hii have, the claim line number have told me it had to be over £1k and told me to take it up with the store if they have miss-advised me, I can’t get to the store yet so I called normal customer service and they advised that they can’t see anything about it being over £1k.i will go to the store this week, but just wanted to see if anyone else was having a similar issue.

Can you get the number for that specific store? Can you remember the name of the sales rep?
Was it this bit on the website? johnlewis.com/cus…le_

Can't see anywhere where it says over £1000 and has the ipad pro model numbers listed
iang00716/12/2019 11:32

Was it this bit on the website? …Was it this bit on the website? https://www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/prices-and-payment/reward-offer-125?intcmp=ic_20191011_ehtredemptiontcs_hp_ele_Can't see anywhere where it says over £1000 and has the ipad pro model numbers listed

Agree there's no specific mention of a £1,000 limit but if you search on the JL website for the product codes of the ipads included in the offer they're all priced at over £1,000.
Edited by: "spoo" 16th Dec 2019
iang00716/12/2019 11:32

Was it this bit on the website? …Was it this bit on the website? https://www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/prices-and-payment/reward-offer-125?intcmp=ic_20191011_ehtredemptiontcs_hp_ele_Can't see anywhere where it says over £1000 and has the ipad pro model numbers listed

I agree - nothing about minimum spend and see if the item your purchased is listed. Take screen shots to back up your claim.
Edited by: "2bhappy" 16th Dec 2019
spoo16/12/2019 11:38

Agree there's no specific mention of a £1,000 limit but if you search on …Agree there's no specific mention of a £1,000 limit but if you search on the JL website for the product codes of the ipads included in the offer they're all priced at over £1,000.

How do you do that?
Alistair123416/12/2019 11:43

How do you do that?

In the link iang007 posted, there's an option to view product included in the promotion broken down by brand.

Open the list of Apple ones then search for each code in the search box on the main JL website.
Thanks for everyone’s comments.

Managed to get in to store tonight and they just honoured the voucher when I explained the situation.

Fair play to JL, best customer service around.
spoo16/12/2019 11:38

Agree there's no specific mention of a £1,000 limit but if you search on …Agree there's no specific mention of a £1,000 limit but if you search on the JL website for the product codes of the ipads included in the offer they're all priced at over £1,000.

yes, pretty close to £1000, the cheapest iPAD Pro models in that list are like: 86084015, 86084005 which are 64GB models and are £949.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions