John Lewis 5 year TV guarantee - Anyone claimed?

What was your experience?

My Sony LCD has suddenly developed some very annoying vertical shadows on the right hand side of the TV. From talking to a couple of mates, I believe this is a panel issue and that the panel will need to be replaced.

John Lewis have stated that they will send out an independent engineer to assess the problem, and a decision will be made if a repair is cost efficient or not.

If it is.......the repair will take 2-3 weeks, but with the World Cup round the corner it looks like I'll have to hang on.

Couple of quick questions - how many people have actually claimed and received:-
a) a quick repair b) a replacement TV c) a cash alternative?

5 Comments

Banned

they will only repair if the repair is worth it, then i think they offer a full refund, thats how it worked for me with a 3-4 year old tv that went wrong

Banned

jubbyme;8741534

they will only repair if the repair is worth it, then i think they offer … they will only repair if the repair is worth it, then i think they offer a full refund, thats how it worked for me with a 3-4 year old tv that went wrong

Wow... I hope my set develops a fault soon if they give a full refund! £1800 isnt to be sniffed at for a 42" Plasma refund!

I didn't think it was full refund, I thought it was pro-rata or whatever they call it when they give you a refund based on how much use you have had out of the tv and also bearing in mind what a similar spec tv would cost x years later.

Banned

sickly sweet;8741628

I didn't think it was full refund, I thought it was pro-rata or whatever … I didn't think it was full refund, I thought it was pro-rata or whatever they call it when they give you a refund based on how much use you have had out of the tv and also bearing in mind what a similar spec tv would cost x years later.

you may be right, it was certainly enough money to rebuy a new tv set slightly better, so i didnt complain
after all, that was the point more than just the money anyway, you may get a loan set from their repairer, but it wont be anything but a basic tv

You can claim and if they say you wouldn't have it over world cup say "ok I will get a repair but wait till world cup is over."
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early11
    2. SCS add ons... are they worth it??22
    3. Wix Build Website Question, Domain transfer?34
    4. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.913

See more discussions