John Lewis Added Care

Found 2nd Feb 2016
Hi, just wanted some advise really. I bought a pair of beats headphones back in September 2014 and took out the extra cover for an extra £20 for 3 years. Now in July 2015 I accidentally broke them as the arms had snapped whilst putting them on my head. Now they replaced the item and I sent my item back to them which was great.

Now the same has happened again...would they fix/replace the product even though I've already had a replacement or is that just it?
I'm just curious as they broke under my own 1 year warranty on them and I took out extra care in the first place in case anything was to happen so should I still be eligible for a repair/replacement? If not then that's fine. I've read t&c's but i can't find if it states I can only get them fixed/replaced once or event twice (if I can) within my warranty.

Thanks
Community Updates
4 Comments
Why don't you call John Lewis and ask?

This part of your post doesn't make any sense though 'I'm just curious as they broke under my own 1 year warranty' - do you mean they broke within the first year of guarantee? If so I think you're getting confused between a standard warranty and the 'extra care warranty'. A standard guarantee does NOT cover accidental damage.
ipswich78

Why don't you call John Lewis and ask?This part of your post doesn't make … Why don't you call John Lewis and ask?This part of your post doesn't make any sense though 'I'm just curious as they broke under my own 1 year warranty' - do you mean they broke within the first year of guarantee? If so I think you're getting confused between a standard warranty and the 'extra care warranty'. A standard guarantee does NOT cover accidental damage.

Ahh I see, yeah that's what I mean by my first yeah of guarantee, I can't ring them up right now as I'm in lectures all day, hence the reason why I'd ask here to see if anyone has had any experience so I could then possibly email customer services
caironjake

Ahh I see, yeah that's what I mean by my first yeah of guarantee, I can't … Ahh I see, yeah that's what I mean by my first yeah of guarantee, I can't ring them up right now as I'm in lectures all day, hence the reason why I'd ask here to see if anyone has had any experience so I could then possibly email customer services

I'm surprised it isn't stated in the terms and conditions it would normally suggest x amount of claims etc. in a set time period.

This bit might exclude you though: ' Your policy will end when you receive a replacement product, unless the replacement is a refurbished product, in which case cover shall continue to run.'

johnlewis.com/our…are
ipswich78

I'm surprised it isn't stated in the terms and conditions it would … I'm surprised it isn't stated in the terms and conditions it would normally suggest x amount of claims etc. in a set time period.This bit might exclude you though: ' Your policy will end when you receive a replacement product, unless the replacement is a refurbished product, in which case cover shall continue to run.'http://www.johnlewis.com/our-services/more-about-added-care#terms-and-conditions

Thanks for that apologies for the confusion in my description, trying to concentrate on two things at once and never read it back to myself
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants