John Lewis and a TV with Dead Pixels?

Found 25th Dec 2017
I bought a Sony TV about 3 years ago from JL and I've now noticed a couple of dead pixels on the screen which can be seen when there is bright light on the screen.

Will JL tell me to do one, or would they likely give me a replacement?
Community Updates
AskElectronics
5 Comments
a couple of dead pixels is acceptable esp after 3 years, id tell you to jog on
jamstaruk19723 m ago

a couple of dead pixels is acceptable esp after 3 years, id tell you to …a couple of dead pixels is acceptable esp after 3 years, id tell you to jog on

I got a 5 year warranty though, so I'm wondering if it's covered...
a 5 year warranty wouldn't cover dead pixels unless there were 100's of them,if its only a couple youve have a job argueing your case
Every TV manufacturer has a dead pixel policy, it will be in their manual, if you under that your screwed, one reason I always buy TV's online so I can send them back using my right to cancel, even if it only has one dead pixel.
Usually it depends on whether the pixels are dead or stuck, how many there are and what location they are in: Centre being less acceptable than edges.

This varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. However if your warranty is with John Lewis rather than Sony it probably doesnt matter what the Sony pixel policy for your set is because it will be down to the specifics of the John Lewis warranty.
Edited by: "distracted247" 26th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants