Groups

John Lewis carpet

Morning all. Looking to purchase one of the JL special deal carpets, but wondered if I could get a better deal by getting exactly the same carpet but from a different shop? as I understand JL carpets are just rebranded carpets from other manufacturers? The one I want to go for is Lancaster Plains 40 (calibre). It's £20/m so wondered if it is cheaper anywhere else? Any idea who is the actual manufacturer? m.johnlewis.com/joh…101

6 Comments

Hi there, I've just had a quick look.....I googled the name of some of the colours and came up with this......Tudor Twist by Victoria Carpets. Getting kids ready for school so it's literally just a starting point for you .... Good luck with your search!

If it is that carpet, JL looks like it's a similar price to all the other retailers.

Original Poster

mleadbitter07

Hi there, I've just had a quick look.....I googled the name of some of … Hi there, I've just had a quick look.....I googled the name of some of the colours and came up with this......Tudor Twist by Victoria Carpets. Getting kids ready for school so it's literally just a starting point for you .... Good luck with your search!

Looks like you are right. Many thanks!

Original Poster

mleadbitter07

If it is that carpet, JL looks like it's a similar price to all the other … If it is that carpet, JL looks like it's a similar price to all the other retailers.

Yes, looks like it. I will of course get my own fitter and underlay, JL wanted double the going rate around where I live...

lukas0704

Yes, looks like it. I will of course get my own fitter and underlay, JL … Yes, looks like it. I will of course get my own fitter and underlay, JL wanted double the going rate around where I live...

Haha, exploitation is the name of the game.

OP just missed a load of JL carpets (half rolls and large room size offcuts and EOL including 80% wool) at John Pye's auctions

If you live near Marchington, Staffordshire and you like JL stuff but not the prices and have the transport then John Pye's are the ones to watch
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Music download33
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…33
      3. Advertised on Gumtree55
      4. Remortgaging to pay off debt89

See more discussions