John Lewis free TV five year gurantee

Found 10th Jun
Received my TV from John Lewis last thur, really pleased with it, however do I ring up and register it with Samsung or is the free 5 year guarantee with John Lewis, I have received no documents from John Lewis with my TV, all I have is my initial email order conformation, which does not mention anything about the gurantee, anyone here had to make a claim within the 5 years and what is the process..
Community Updates
AskElectronicsTV
12 Comments
If I remember rightly your receipt from John Lewis is your 5 year guarantee.
I got an email off them the other week with details of the 5 year warranty however it will be logged on their system even with no receipt. You can still register it with Samsung
Hello, definitely register it. I bought a TV from John Lewis in December last year and it went kaput two weeks ago. I called John Lewis to arrange a repair. During the call I asked if I needed to call LG directly and they told me 'No, we'll arrange it all for you' and then proceeded to book a repair slot with me.

Unfortunately no one had come to repair or called on the agreed date and it was now 3pm. I called John Lewis to get an update as most of the day had passed and was first told that 'the repair had been booked, but the engineer hadn't accepted the job'. Some further investigation later I was told I had been given the wrong information. I should have been told to call LG directly as it's covered directly with them in the first year (they did give me their telephone number which has helpful). Luckily I had already registered so when I called LG they already had all my info.

In the end the repair ended up taking a week later than the original repair date as LG repairers had to order in the parts. All fixed now but would have been quicker to call LG first!

Moral of the story, John Lewis warranty is to be used after the manufacturer warranty has expired. I'd probably still call them first to let them know of the issue.
Edited by: "mi5tery" 10th Jun
jb371 h, 1 m ago

If I remember rightly your receipt from John Lewis is your 5 year …If I remember rightly your receipt from John Lewis is your 5 year guarantee.

So my email order confermation is my receipt, as no receipt/documents came with my TV..
mi5tery38 m ago

Hello, definitely register it. I bought a TV from John Lewis in December …Hello, definitely register it. I bought a TV from John Lewis in December last year and it went kaput two weeks ago. I called John Lewis to arrange a repair. During the call I asked if I needed to call LG directly and they told me 'No, we'll arrange it all for you' and then proceeded to book a repair slot with me.Unfortunately no one had come to repair or called on the agreed date and it was now 3pm. I called John Lewis to get an update as most of the day had passed and was first told that 'the repair had been booked, but the engineer hadn't accepted the job'. Some further investigation later I was told I had been given the wrong information. I should have been told to call LG directly as it's covered directly with them in the first year (they did give me their telephone number which has helpful). Luckily I had already registered so when I called LG they already had all my info.In the end the repair ended up taking a week later than the original repair date as LG repairers had to order in the parts. All fixed now but would have been quicker to call LG first!Moral of the story, John Lewis warranty is to be used after the manufacturer warranty has expired. I'd probably still call them first to let them know of the issue.

Thanks, so it's a 4 year JL gurantee and 1st year your normal manufacturer one... I will ring Samsung tomoz, can't find where to do it online,
malnuman9 m ago

Thanks, so it's a 4 year JL gurantee and 1st year your normal …Thanks, so it's a 4 year JL gurantee and 1st year your normal manufacturer one... I will ring Samsung tomoz, can't find where to do it online,

Try here: samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

Oh and just keep the order number from John Lewis safe if you need to call JL.
Edited by: "mi5tery" 10th Jun
mi5tery12 m ago

Try here: samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/Oh and just keep the order …Try here: samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/Oh and just keep the order number from John Lewis safe if you need to call JL.

Thanks a lot for the link, just registered my TV , you know I could not find the UK register site, kept finding the us one when I was looking..
jb371 h, 26 m ago

If I remember rightly your receipt from John Lewis is your 5 year …If I remember rightly your receipt from John Lewis is your 5 year guarantee.

Thanks, they will prob send me details soon then, as it only arrived last Thurs..
I got a tv and fridge from jl and they’ve told me that it’s included in the receipt and I don’t need to do anything further for register...
Merry0001 h, 9 m ago

I got a tv and fridge from jl and they’ve told me that it’s included in the …I got a tv and fridge from jl and they’ve told me that it’s included in the receipt and I don’t need to do anything further for register...

Thanks, I gather my receipt is my email confermation of my order, I just got to chase them up now for my price match refund
malnuman11th Jun

Thanks, I gather my receipt is my email confermation of my order, I …Thanks, I gather my receipt is my email confermation of my order, I just got to chase them up now for my price match refund

My receipt was my order confirmation email - I didn't get a separate one with the TV. Good luck with the price match!
mi5tery3 h, 10 m ago

My receipt was my order confirmation email - I didn't get a separate one …My receipt was my order confirmation email - I didn't get a separate one with the TV. Good luck with the price match!

Thanks, yeah called up the Brum John Lewis and they refunding me £50 😁
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants