John Lewis gift vouchers on eBay - always overvalued...

Why are John Lewis vouchers on eBay always 'overpriced'?
Just searching for some and £50 vouchers are closing at '£49.92'(ish) with £1 or £2 for delivery on top.
Repeat for £10/£100/£500 items - they always end up close to (if not over) the actual value.

Anyone know why?

10 Comments

I've wondered this too, it happens with quite a few vouchers....only reason I can think of is people want to build up their feedback?

people have money in their paypal that they want rid of

money in their paypal account, and they want to buy from these places,

can you not send money straight from paypal to bank ?

the ebay/voucher thing always puzzled me too

Ebay in general puzzles me, lol.
So many people will pay more (especially for dvd boxsets) than you would pay from somewhere like choices.
I put it down to laziness and the theory that it must be a bargain cos it's ebay

SABJ;4957988

can you not send money straight from paypal to bank ?the ebay/voucher … can you not send money straight from paypal to bank ?the ebay/voucher thing always puzzled me too

Palpal can easily transfer money to your bank account (BACS) with 0% fee on £50 and more.

Banned

hqq;5146630

Palpal can easily transfer money to your bank account (BACS) with 0% fee … Palpal can easily transfer money to your bank account (BACS) with 0% fee on £50 and more.

yeah but it takes 3 or 4 days to clear, despite most banks having instant online banking these days

some people would rather pay for vouchers with the balance and in most cases the vouchers woould arrive before the cash has cleared into your bank.

also a chance you could save a few quid also

another little scam by paypal/ebay so you dont withdraw you spend it soyou earn them more fees on your purchases from the sellers....and the cycle continues

hqq;5146630

Palpal can easily transfer money to your bank account (BACS) with 0% fee … Palpal can easily transfer money to your bank account (BACS) with 0% fee on £50 and more.

Its free on any amount now isnt it?

intenso100;5146676

Its free on any amount now isnt it?

I transfered less than £50 the other day for free. Was pleasantly surprised as i was expectecting to pay 50p or something

oldmanhouse;5146696

I transfered less than £50 the other day for free. Was pleasantly … I transfered less than £50 the other day for free. Was pleasantly surprised as i was expectecting to pay 50p or something

yer thought its been free for while now, finally caught up with the yanks on that, i find i normally get my money within 3-4 days
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020
    2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1536
    3. word association Game72944192
    4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …277963

See more discussions