John Lewis hiked the price of a Samsung Mobile

Posted 23rd Nov
      I just can't believe what I just saw. An increase on a Samsung Mobile phone. From £119.99 to £139.99!!
      three/four days ago it was £119.99 & I was planning to buy for my daughter who'd been pressuring me to buy her a phone. I told her wait till Black Friday sale and in the time I've been searching everywhere and just came across John Lewis having it at £119.99. Thought lets give it a few more days. Little did I know that they would hike the price up ahead of Black Friday sale.

I'm still finding it hard to take in!
      Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
      Sweet Jesus, are you alright?
      19 Comments
      Try and relax pal it’s only a slight increase.
      tom2kadd123/11/2019 07:27

Hahaha! You just cracked me up in this early morning with ur comment.
      Craig201823/11/2019 07:35

Try and relax pal it’s only a slight increase.

LOL!

Well, for an eleven yr old twins, buying two mobiles at that price seemed kind of reasonable.
      It will go down again maybe even lower due to the sale so dont panic
      deals6923/11/2019 08:05

It will go down again maybe even lower due to the sale so dont panic

Thanks for the assurance. I'll keep an eye on it.
      Don't give in to the pressure, it's the worst thing you can buy for an 11 yr old girl.
      bandhan198323/11/2019 08:08

Thanks for the assurance. I'll keep an eye on it.

This isn’t unusual at all prices will fluctuate at the moment. Retailers might hike the prices up before Black Friday to make the discount look bigger.

Black Friday is generally all hype and the best savings are found at other times through the year.

Keep your eye on it I suspect it will go as lower or lower still in the next week
      Sweet Christmas!

You should have bought it and returned it if price Wer down!
      Why does it matter? They do a price match anyway.
      Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 23rd Nov
      It’s not the end of the world mate
      m1keyp1key23/11/2019 09:25

Why does it matter? They do a price match anyway.

JL's one was lower than all the other stores and mobile network companies.
      abdul523/11/2019 17:40

It’s not the end of the world mate

Feels like it when all you want to do is save some quid
      bandhan198324/11/2019 19:42

Feels like it when all you want to do is save some quid Feels like it when all you want to do is save some quid

lol
      I guess so
      rimalpatel00723/11/2019 08:26

Sweet Christmas!You should have bought it and returned it if price Wer …Sweet Christmas!You should have bought it and returned it if price Wer down!

Didn't cross my mind. Feel like pulling my hair! 😣😣
      myusernamehasgone23423/11/2019 08:14

This isn’t unusual at all prices will fluctuate at the moment. Retailers m …This isn’t unusual at all prices will fluctuate at the moment. Retailers might hike the prices up before Black Friday to make the discount look bigger.Black Friday is generally all hype and the best savings are found at other times through the year. Keep your eye on it I suspect it will go as lower or lower still in the next week

Well, I don't know why I thought reputable retailer like JL wouldn't act like Ebay & Amazon sellers during BF and JL's price was lower than all the other stores and mobile network companies. It wasn't even on offer to begin with. Just a normal price.
      Anyway, excitement was short lived. LOL!
      SCuboid23/11/2019 08:12

Don't give in to the pressure, it's the worst thing you can buy for an 11 …Don't give in to the pressure, it's the worst thing you can buy for an 11 yr old girl.

Hard explaining that to a tech dependant- Generation Z!
      bandhan198324/11/2019 19:50

Well, I don't know why I thought reputable retailer like JL wouldn't act …Well, I don't know why I thought reputable retailer like JL wouldn't act like Ebay & Amazon sellers during BF and JL's price was lower than all the other stores and mobile network companies. It wasn't even on offer to begin with. Just a normal price. Anyway, excitement was short lived. LOL!

Why wouldn’t they have the same practices as other retailers, it’s not just Amazon and EBay that have fluctuating prices.

People shouldn’t believe the hype with Black Friday.
      bandhan198324/11/2019 19:41

JL's one was lower than all the other stores and mobile network companies.

I doubt that unless it was a misprice. If their prices fluctuate it's usually match another shops promotion.
      Post a comment
      @
        Text

Discussions