John Lewis insurance payout.

Found 25th Nov 2017
I had John Lewis added care for my laptop. It was sent in for repair and John Lewis. Have rejected to pay for the repair and have instead offered me a voucher to the sum of the original cost with the quote

"We have reviewed the specifications of your Laptop and have been unable to find a suitable replacement from our suppliers"

So with that, I'm not going to get a good as I had laptop for the price they are offering me.

Should I ask for extra £££ to be able to get a laptop of similar specifications?

Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

depends on the terms of the contract for insurance

Of course - find such a Laptop - take a screen shot and forward it to them . Sadly any type of insurance claim these days is just a basis for negotiation .

It has to be of the same spec or better just like if you were exchanging faulty goods, they can't force a downgrade on you.

I would have thought that if they are giving you the full original price paid back (in vouchers), you can't really ask for more.

Pandamansays2 h, 56 m ago

I would have thought that if they are giving you the full original price …I would have thought that if they are giving you the full original price paid back (in vouchers), you can't really ask for more.

Not too sure on that - they advertise new for old and if unavailable to replace with similar spec. So in part agree with you but if similar new is now 20% more than when you purchased does that match those terms?

Bertz9936 m ago

Not too sure on that - they advertise new for old and if unavailable to …Not too sure on that - they advertise new for old and if unavailable to replace with similar spec. So in part agree with you but if similar new is now 20% more than when you purchased does that match those terms?

On their warranty they do, this is insurance and will be a totally separate entity

Dannyrobbo6 h, 53 m ago

On their warranty they do, this is insurance and will be a totally …On their warranty they do, this is insurance and will be a totally separate entity

I was quoting the added care on their website which is the insurance (new for old sort of makes that obvious) and what the poster has stated (rather than the manufacturers warranty).
As I say not too sure either way. Would need to know the full particulars to be able to deduce if the offer from the insurance was reasonable or not.
Edited by: "Bertz99" 26th Nov 2017

Could it be that this laptop isn't available anymore and those that are available all have better specs? If so I think it's very fair that they have taken this option.

ultimately you have had your laptop for X amount of time and now you have a full refund. If you want to upgrade then it's up to you to add the extra to the cost.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants