John Lewis is on Price match today with a competitor's sale so prices are showing lower online!

Found 24th Sep 2015
If you have anything to buy at John Lewis it may be worth buying it today because they're on price match!

Price match is still on BTW - worth checking - the prices online reflect the discount!

Looks like these are the categories ...

20% off selected underwear

20% off selected shoes

Cookware offers

Tableware offers

10% off selected men's aftershave

Up to 10% off selected appliances

Jean & trouser offers

Nightwear offers

Sportswear offers

Personal care offers

Kitchen accessories offers

Food preparation offers
Community Updates
MiscPrice Glitch
16 Comments
Do you know who they are price matching and for which items?
krazie2004

Do you know who they are price matching and for which items?

johnlewis.com/nev…aae
Banned
I wanted to buy a TV and they wouldn't price match ebuyer prc direct both at £270 whilst John Lewis were £329. I bought from Richer Sounds for £290
Lyrrad

I wanted to buy a TV and they wouldn't price match ebuyer prc direct both … I wanted to buy a TV and they wouldn't price match ebuyer prc direct both at £270 whilst John Lewis were £329. I bought from Richer Sounds for £290

Yes, says "we don't match online-only or mail order businesses "
Banned
OldEnglish

Yes, says "we don't match online-only or mail order businesses "

I like JL but their price matching is harsh. PRC direct have a shop. They claim they are never knowingly undersold but it's a lie. If it were the truth after every price match, their normal selling price ought to be reduced. I got 6 years warranty with Richer Sounds too.
Lyrrad

I like JL but their price matching is harsh. PRC direct have a shop. … I like JL but their price matching is harsh. PRC direct have a shop. They claim they are never knowingly undersold but it's a lie. If it were the truth after every price match, their normal selling price ought to be reduced. I got 6 years warranty with Richer Sounds too.

Please note that our policy states:

'Comparing service conditions - this means we compare how we sell the product to how it is sold by the competitor to ensure it's comparable'.

PRC Direct charge for redelivery, cancellations and refused delivery. Once a delivery is made it cannot be changed. These aspects mean that PRC Direct are not comparable to John Lewis.

"Never Knowingly Undersold" Seems they make it up as they go along.
Original Poster
after shave was price matched...not sure what else is on...and that was online.
they price match every day bought many items over last few years and if found cheaper the have always price matched
Original Poster
darrenriordan

they price match every day bought many items over last few years and if … they price match every day bought many items over last few years and if found cheaper the have always price matched

They are price matching a sale. They advertise and sell at a lower price on those days.
Lyrrad

I like JL but their price matching is harsh. PRC direct have a shop. … I like JL but their price matching is harsh. PRC direct have a shop. They claim they are never knowingly undersold but it's a lie. If it were the truth after every price match, their normal selling price ought to be reduced. I got 6 years warranty with Richer Sounds too.

not really, all they know is the other company are advertising for the price not actually selling
if you email saying you will buy for the price then they know there would be a sale = pricematch
if noone is emailing for a pricematch then maybe none are being sold at the competitors = no automatic change
Banned
brilly

not really, all they know is the other company are advertising for the … not really, all they know is the other company are advertising for the price not actually sellingif you email saying you will buy for the price then they know there would be a sale = pricematchif noone is emailing for a pricematch then maybe none are being sold at the competitors = no automatic change

How about if I was to fax my receipt from Richer Sounds to confirm that they have lost a sale to a competitor. Surely they should now reduce their price from £329 to £290, or are you going to say I could take the item back to Richer Sounds for a refund
Lyrrad

How about if I was to fax my receipt from Richer Sounds to confirm that … How about if I was to fax my receipt from Richer Sounds to confirm that they have lost a sale to a competitor. Surely they should now reduce their price from £329 to £290, or are you going to say I could take the item back to Richer Sounds for a refund

no they'd just say
'why didn't you match richer sounds with us?'
and then they'd say
'richer sounds may offer for that but how do we know they are selling now lyrrad had bought his one?'
Banned
brilly

no they'd just say 'why didn't you match richer sounds with us?'and then … no they'd just say 'why didn't you match richer sounds with us?'and then they'd say 'richer sounds may offer for that but how do we know they are selling now lyrrad had bought his one?'

So this never knowingly undersold price matching is a load of hogwash

Edited by: "Lyrrad" 25th Sep 2015
Lyrrad

So this never knowingly undersold price matching is a load of hogwash

well ... did you try and pricematch vs richersounds?
they cant just randomly match everyones prices, competitors could just advertise really low prices etc and screw over JL
Banned
brilly

well ... did you try and pricematch vs richersounds?they cant just … well ... did you try and pricematch vs richersounds?they cant just randomly match everyones prices, competitors could just advertise really low prices etc and screw over JL

I din't bother in the end as Richer Sounds offered 6 years rather than 5 years warranty. I had tried on 2 occassions to get JL to price match (Ebuyer and PRC Direct - both cheaper than Richer Sounds) but each occasion they refused. Basically John Lewis were the most expensive. £268, £270, £290 and £329 was their price. I wouldn't want JL to price match Richer Sounds because it made no sense. In any case I'm happy with my deal.
John lewis were fine with me, I got a usb stick and showed them the price on the argos website (on my phone) and they matched it.
Edited by: "markknightexeter" 24th Aug 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions