John Lewis on Trustpilot are they really this bad???

Posted 19th Nov 2018
Looked on Trustpilot for John Lewis and they get awful just awful reviews.

They sound like an absoloute nightmare.

Is that everyones view or just some upset customers?

Looking at trustpilot you would never ever ever buy from John Lewis.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Personally never had a problem with John Lewis, their customer service has always been excellent.

I have found that people are very keen on shouting from the rooftops when something goes wrong, but forget to shout out when they have had great service, additionally things can sometimes go wrong it’s how you handle it that matters, if ever you have s problem with something from them contact them directly if you are on Facebook you can send message via messenger they are prompt in replying and take it from there.
20 Comments
I've never had problems with JL. But obviously your miles may vary
They outsourced their customer service dept so I would think it's probably true.
Yes they are
I thought they were still good ordered and now I am guuulllpp
jpodx355 m ago

I thought they were still good ordered and now I am guuulllpp

You should be ok as long as nothing goes wrong. Any issues just make sure it's sorted within 30 days and best get a refund and start again.
Saw the extended return period and thought I was good to go for the holidays. Now not too sure that by the time holidays are over they will not want to know.
Personally never had a problem with John Lewis, their customer service has always been excellent.

I have found that people are very keen on shouting from the rooftops when something goes wrong, but forget to shout out when they have had great service, additionally things can sometimes go wrong it’s how you handle it that matters, if ever you have s problem with something from them contact them directly if you are on Facebook you can send message via messenger they are prompt in replying and take it from there.
i orderd from them last year and they were just the same as any other company... pay money > recieve goods.

you can find bad reviews for anything... check out argos as example

reviews.io/com…uk-

(people be butthurt...)
I prefer Amazon instead of John Lewis
How much do you trust trustpilot? I mean these are just general public opinions...are they credible, is there any integrity in the criticism? I doubt it unless they are professional buyers offering their unbiased and objective opinion!

Leave it to your discretion?

JL have years of credibility behind them but their business model is faltering with their stores footfall falling, profitability at a all time low and general online business on the up - causing major competition.
Obviously, jl are refusing to pay to have bad reviews taken down by trust pilot unlike other companies

Review Centre is more impartial
n15hu2 h, 55 m ago

How much do you trust trustpilot? I mean these are just general public …How much do you trust trustpilot? I mean these are just general public opinions...are they credible, is there any integrity in the criticism? I doubt it unless they are professional buyers offering their unbiased and objective opinion! Leave it to your discretion? JL have years of credibility behind them but their business model is faltering with their stores footfall falling, profitability at a all time low and general online business on the up - causing major competition.

You're quite right about Trustpilot.
Just look at webuyanycar.com. Everyone knows that they are rip off merchants, however all the bad reviews have been deleted.
Their customer service went downhill a while back, people keep buying from them based on the good rep they built over time but for the most part it's something that no longer exists. Nowadays it's Capita who deal with their customer service for them.
No....Trustpilot is easily spammed.
I've had issues with John Lewis when I received an item from the website that was not as described.

Initial phone call made, I was told someone would ring back the day after and they didn't. I had to chase and was told it would have to go to their 'web design' department and they take 7 days to reply. 7 Days later no reply so I had to chase again. Was told nobody had looked at the issue yet and to wait another 48 hours. Guess what no call back from them and I had to chase again.

Ended up they made me a good will payment so I was happy with money back but the lack of customer support tottaly supprised me and I would be hessitent to buy from them again.
i bought a washing machine and printer there. i had to cancel the printer as i picked the wrong printer by mistake, doh! and they were quite happen to cancel the order but it was before dispatch. customer service was really good.

the washing machine was fine so i would shop there with confidence. trustpilot is a good guide but i find it can be misleading with good reviews on terrible companies and bad ones on good companies so take it with a pinch of salt.

that is why i always post on here to ask other people's opinions as then i am talking to real people with real experience, all be it, a small sample only, but at least i know that it is real.
I am forming an opinion here.

It sounds bit of this bit of that.

All I know so far is it's 20 minutes to get to speak to someone.

Then they seem great.

But this is before the order has arrived.

I have tried to contact the warehouse however and that's a no go.

Rang every half hour all day and left messages. There seems just no way to speak to the warehouse.
jpodx3520/11/2018 10:26

I am forming an opinion here.It sounds bit of this bit of that.All I know …I am forming an opinion here.It sounds bit of this bit of that.All I know so far is it's 20 minutes to get to speak to someone.Then they seem great.But this is before the order has arrived.I have tried to contact the warehouse however and that's a no go.Rang every half hour all day and left messages. There seems just no way to speak to the warehouse.

Why do you want to speak with them?
chocci3 m ago

Why do you want to speak with them?

I just have something to ask.
Yep
Just wanted post my utter dissatisfaction with John Lewis.
Having bought an Apple MacPro from you in Christmas 2016 + extended warranty, the machine screen failed. Apple tech stated on record after undertaking tests there was no evidence of user fault, water ingress etc and stated although it cannot be 100% that there was an inherent manufacturing fault. Despite the great tech support Apple provided in stating they would repair FOC if the machine had been purchased directly from them and at one stage John Lewis stating even in writing that they questioned the validity of the original tech assessment from Apple John Lewis refused to undertake the repair offering a miserly £100 for my troubles. After taking legal advice I was told JL were quoting consumer law incorrectly and it was beholden on them to accept responsibility for the repair. I threatened to pursue them legally as a consequence but sometimes in life you have to accept it really isn't worth it. Reviewing John Lewis customer service there does appear to be a concerted push back on customer queries.Buyers beware. And if you are going to buy great brands buy them direct and not from resellers. Lesson learn
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants