John lewis price match

I keep getting different stories about this. Will John lewis match a high street store or always a price on the shelf?

If I take in a printout showing the price in a major high street store with a voucher attatched, reducing the price. Will they price match that or the price before the voucher. I always thought that it was the on tyhe shelf price and I'm pretty sure thats what it says in thier T's and C's. Has anyone had a more rewarding experience. I see people going on in threads about the price after voucher and wonder if I'm about to miss out on a better deal.

9 Comments

i was told it had to be on the shelf and shelf price....

Original Poster

amansk;2732392

i was told it had to be on the shelf and shelf price....

Thats what I thought, but I keep reading in threads all sorts of stuff. I've got printouts of both so it might just be worth a try. was just looking for some clarification.

:?

ludichris;2732414

Thats what I thought, but I keep reading in threads all sorts of stuff. … Thats what I thought, but I keep reading in threads all sorts of stuff. I've got printouts of both so it might just be worth a try. was just looking for some clarification.:?

let me know how it goes, as i am waiting for stock on a tv i want them to price match. cheers

Original Poster

amansk;2732454

let me know how it goes, as i am waiting for stock on a tv i want them to … let me know how it goes, as i am waiting for stock on a tv i want them to price match. cheers

I'm doing the same, I'll let you know.

;-)

Last year I price matched a tv. The procedure is you contact the store and you give the store name, address, tv model number, price etc. They send someone to the store and if the item is on display - JL will match the price (sounds ludicrous but thats what they apparently do). They will only match store prices and not internet prices and if the item is not on display then you've had it......

The easiest way to price match is to find a JL store selling the item at a lower price and JL will match the other store. There is an enormous thread about this on the avforums. That was the procedure last year although they may have changed their policy. The pricematch thread on the avforums is the best place to look.

Original Poster

gari189;2732834

There is some more info … There is some more info herehttp://www.hotukdeals.com/item/128741/how-does-john-lewis-pricematch-work/all/misc/discussed/and here is the avforums threadhttp://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262433

Cheers for that, looks like I've got work to do.

My friend negotiated with a store for a tv and got them to print off a receipt for the item (said he needed to show his other half to confirm the order) and JL pricematched on the spot.

He then had a £250 voucher as well, so he bought the £500 tv for just £100 including free delivery and 5 years warranty :giggle:

Original Poster

realfriendlyman;2734483

My friend negotiated with a store for a tv and got them to print off a … My friend negotiated with a store for a tv and got them to print off a receipt for the item (said he needed to show his other half to confirm the order) and JL pricematched on the spot.He then had a £250 voucher as well, so he bought the £500 tv for just £100 including free delivery and 5 years warranty :giggle:

Hunted glasgow for ages and couldnt find the same tv for ceaper that I could JL pricematch :x

Ended paying full whack at JL thank god for the free warranty!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good77
    2. Your dream gaming set up?2760
    3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4562135
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764691

See more discussions