John Lewis price match advice...please?

Found 26th Apr 2012
never done it before....emailed them to ask them to pm tribaluk..does anyone know if they do? and obv JL offer the 5yr warranty and tribal dont so will this be taken into account?
ive emailed and called them but no response

thanks anyone who knows xx
Community Updates
24 Comments
Look in the FAQs here.

Pricematch

If tribaluk are online only JL will not price match
Original Poster
RonChew

Look in the FAQs here. PricematchIf tribaluk are online only JL will not … Look in the FAQs here. PricematchIf tribaluk are online only JL will not price match

thats what i thought..its just the guys in the sony thread were talking about pm with JL so i wondered?
Mod & Ed
price match details here
can't be an online retailer only

worth remembering that they actually price match themselves, we bought a tv earlier this year from them & they reduced it for a day within the 28 days, so I stuck in a price match form & they refunded the difference
Edited by: "wishihadadonkey" 26th Apr 2012
plumberman01

thats what i thought..its just the guys in the sony thread were talking … thats what i thought..its just the guys in the sony thread were talking about pm with JL so i wondered?

I haven't been following the Sony thread but it could be that the price match is with an online site that has a High Street store (e.g. Currys). JL will price match these, just not online only retailers (e.g. Amazon).
Hi what tv etc are you trying to get them to PM JL rules are as long as there is a warehouse or shop then they will PM but it sees tribaluk doesnt seem to have either.You can try hyperfi.com but just dont tell them thatr will be PM refurbished tvs good luck
Original Poster
sorry for the delay...

its the sony here

hotukdeals.com/dea…e=7
John Lewis were very hard to make them price-match, even against a store that had it in stock for £1,000 cheaper (was a £4,000 television). They argued they could only do the online price (because it was considerably more), then argued I couldn't because if I bought it there I would had to go to the store to buy it :S. Finally they did it but it took over 5 days of phone calls.
Original Poster
golemsmate

John Lewis were very hard to make them price-match, even against a store … John Lewis were very hard to make them price-match, even against a store that had it in stock for £1,000 cheaper (was a £4,000 television). They argued they could only do the online price (because it was considerably more), then argued I couldn't because if I bought it there I would had to go to the store to buy it :S. Finally they did it but it took over 5 days of phone calls.

ive never tried it before but always saw people had pm so thought it was quite easy.........maybe not they still havent responded. Hm what to do..
plumberman01

ive never tried it before but always saw people had pm so thought it was … ive never tried it before but always saw people had pm so thought it was quite easy.........maybe not they still havent responded. Hm what to do..

They made it seem very easy but I think it was because it was such a big difference. If the shop doesn't provide the same service (e.g. warranty or free delivery) that was another reason not to price-match. The shop told me they would deliver it for £50 but JL still didn't want to price match because it is a different delivery service.

It is probably different between branches but if it's only a small difference there won't be any problem

EDIT: The price also increased in this other shop while they refused to price-match and then they refused to go for the previous price because it wasn't available at that price any more. I think it was about £300 more. It was a few months ago so I keep remembering more details as I think about it
Edited by: "golemsmate" 26th Apr 2012
Don't always take their FAQ's as definitive answers. I got them to pricematch a TV from RGB Direct.
The TV from RGB Direct was £100 cheaper but only had 1 year warranty.
Their FAQ's also say they don't pricematch online-only retailers, but I'm pretty sure RGB Direct is online only..

Always worth sending off a price match request!
That is one company I tried with, they have a shop in Essex but online and in-store prices are often different (thats the TV). They didn't want to do the store price as it was more expensive online, but then didn't like to price match Amazon.

http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?SKUNumber=111611&Model=Panasonic-TXP65VT30B

Now I'm just thinking the lady I got was awkward!
Original Poster
golemsmate

That is one company I tried with, they have a shop in Essex but online … That is one company I tried with, they have a shop in Essex but online and in-store prices are often different (thats the TV). They didn't want to do the store price as it was more expensive online, but then didn't like to price match Amazon.http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?SKUNumber=111611&Model=Panasonic-TXP65VT30BNow I'm just thinking the lady I got was awkward!

yeh its cheaper at hughes and RGB so ive sent details now of both as theyve refused tribaluk
Thanks for your input guys x
Good luck with getting your price match. I sent one off yesterday from PC world, no response yet!
Original Poster
Matty18

Good luck with getting your price match. I sent one off yesterday from PC … Good luck with getting your price match. I sent one off yesterday from PC world, no response yet!

jl r painfully slow
Banned
I remember a Plasma TV I bought was with a price match through JL, I had sent a fax to about 6 or 7 different branches. Most declined but a couple said ok - Inc my local branch where I eventually bought from.

They should be made to remove this "never knowingly undersold" comment because it's clearly misleading BS.
Original Poster
guv

I remember a Plasma TV I bought was with a price match through JL, I had … I remember a Plasma TV I bought was with a price match through JL, I had sent a fax to about 6 or 7 different branches. Most declined but a couple said ok - Inc my local branch where I eventually bought from.They should be made to remove this "never knowingly undersold" comment because it's clearly misleading BS.

its not in stock locally..ive email on the site and the girl in the local at trafford has, she was lovely..she has also reserved me one..im beginning to think its all rubbish too tbh..
No harm in trying - they price matched me a 16gb iPad last year for 165 from Carphone warehouse which I didn't expect...
Another good company to get JL to price match are richer sounds.

Oh, and plumberman, I keep on meaning to reply to your PM, you did so well with the kermit!! Well done!
Original Poster
sickly sweet

Another good company to get JL to price match are richer sounds.Oh, and … Another good company to get JL to price match are richer sounds.Oh, and plumberman, I keep on meaning to reply to your PM, you did so well with the kermit!! Well done!

Churchy should be pleased too...its over £50 for 2 now x
plumberman01

Churchy should be pleased too...its over £50 for 2 now x

My mind is so full of crap right now that I thought you meant that the TVs were £50 for 2 X) I even linked onto the tv link and it look a few minutes for it to dawn on me that you were talking about Kermit lol. Soooo time for bed. Have a good weekend.
Thought I'd bump this page rather than start a new post, but how are John Lewis for Price Matching with Richer Sounds?

I'm after this TV richersounds.com/pro…000 but it's £299 on JL compared to RS's £269.95

Have heard that they're quite easy to PM with from various people including sickly sweet as above, but RS has an optional 5 year warranty which takes it in line with JL's price. Would I likely have any success with trying to make a claim against that?
StolenDiagram

Thought I'd bump this page rather than start a new post, but how are John … Thought I'd bump this page rather than start a new post, but how are John Lewis for Price Matching with Richer Sounds?I'm after this TV http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue32eh5000/sams-ue32eh5000 but it's £299 on JL compared to RS's £269.95Have heard that they're quite easy to PM with from various people including sickly sweet as above, but RS has an optional 5 year warranty which takes it in line with JL's price. Would I likely have any success with trying to make a claim against that?

I'm also asking them to price match for the same tv.

The difference is with Richer Sounds, the 5 year warranty is an optional extra
How did you 2 get on with the PM against Richer sounds? I'm after the same TV which is now £289 in JL but £259 in RS without the 5 yr warranty.
they have price matched rs in the past
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants