Expired

John Lewis Price Match Policy

Found 10th Oct 2014
I asked John Lewis to price match it's neighbouring store in Stratford City Westfield. I was after a KitchenAid Mixer.

John Lewis price £429.99

Lakeland price £385.99 + Free Pasta maker (RRP £83)

John Lewis have replied they will not price match it as it is a 'bundle'. They claim never knowingly undersold yet, what policy does not price match because a free product in included?

I would buy from Lakeland but I have £500 John Lewis that needs to be spent.
Community Updates
9 Comments
So get it from Lakeland, good deal!?
Original Poster
This is a quote of their reply:

"I regret to inform you that we will not be able to price match this for you, this is because Lakeland include a free pasta maker with their product and because they do that it is classed as a bundle. I am sorry to say that John Lewis does not price match against bundles."
Original Poster
AnnaMak

So get it from Lakeland, good deal!?

Like I said I have £500 John Lewis vouchers that need to be spent.
Same price selfridges.com/en/…RY/?cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google-_-HomeTech-_-KITCHENAID&ci_src=18615224&ci_sku=83072062&$$ja=cgid:10467443494%7ctsid:35948%7ccid:190632454%7clid:253884597269%7cnw:g%7ccrid:39852791614%7crnd:12926085112769147289%7cdvc:c%7cadp:1o3%7cbku:1&gclid=CLzsgrGtosECFQHmwgodhh0Amw
Original Poster
AnnaMak

Even cheaper but also comes with a free gift … Even cheaper but also comes with a free gift http://www.hartsofstur.com/acatalog/KitchenAid-Artisan-Metallic-Chrome-Food-Mixer-With-FREE-Gifts-KSM150BMC.html?gclid=CJ6sqMOtosECFaYIwwodSG4A-g

I appreciate the links. However, as I have said, I have £500 John Lewis vouchers that need to be spent thus why I am looking for a price match.

However, I am confused as to why John Lewis have refused the price match. It's frustrating that they claim to price match but then refuse. Looking at the T&Cs, still see no reason as to why they refused.

We'll match on a case by case basis the total price for the bundle of products if the price of the bundle is publicly available to all customers, and the products in the competitor's bundle are identical to products we sell, including any free items. If bundled products offered at a promotional rate by a competitor can also be bought individually at full price, we won't generally lower our price for the bundle itself in-store and online.
AnnaMak

Even cheaper but also comes with a free gift … Even cheaper but also comes with a free gift http://www.hartsofstur.com/acatalog/KitchenAid-Artisan-Metallic-Chrome-Food-Mixer-With-FREE-Gifts-KSM150BMC.html?gclid=CJ6sqMOtosECFaYIwwodSG4A-g

case by case basis

I think the key part of the above is - you would probably be best off asking John Lewis direct why they won't match it as opposed to a public forum.

I have had JL price match items in the past which I wasn't expecting them to, and in other instances they have stood firm - sometimes it depends on who you deal with I guess (which person picks up the email from the from you fill in if done online).
Go into the store and ask there. More likely more sympathetic, don't mention you have has a refusal online.
Tim Timmens

I appreciate the links. However, as I have said, I have £500 John Lewis … I appreciate the links. However, as I have said, I have £500 John Lewis vouchers that need to be spent thus why I am looking for a price match. However, I am confused as to why John Lewis have refused the price match. It's frustrating that they claim to price match but then refuse. Looking at the T&Cs, still see no reason as to why they refused.We'll match on a case by case basis the total price for the bundle of products if the price of the bundle is publicly available to all customers, and the products in the competitor's bundle are identical to products we sell, including any free items. If bundled products offered at a promotional rate by a competitor can also be bought individually at full price, we won't generally lower our price for the bundle itself in-store and online.

Are you bothered about the "Free Pasta maker " if not then go back to JL and ask them to price match against Selfridges £386.00

You would still save about £44 and be able to use your JL vouchers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions