John Lewis price match policy

Found 28th Jul
I found a ted baker jacket on clearance at john lewis for 71 pounds, but then discovered that the same jacket was sold by hurleys.co.uk for 48 pounds. Do you think i'd be able to claim a price match from john lewis? I've never heard of hurleys before and don't really know if it would be wise to buy it from their website. Any suggestions?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
I believe that they need to have a shop locally and JL do not price match internet only sites.
sydney8715 m ago

I believe that they need to have a shop locally and JL do not price match …I believe that they need to have a shop locally and JL do not price match internet only sites.

It seems like they do have a store

hurleys.co.uk/map
Save your cash, Polyester rubbish.
Rednirah15 m ago

34524315-ujMmj.jpg
I submitted a price match claim.. let's wait and see
Rednirah32 m ago

How else am i supposed to burn through my paycheck?
sydney8711 h, 1 m ago

I believe that they need to have a shop locally and JL do not price match …I believe that they need to have a shop locally and JL do not price match internet only sites.

They don't stipulate a store must be local (local to who?) but they do stipulate it needs to be a a "high street competitor" - you are right they don't match internet only sites. From their Never Knowingly Undersold T&C:

Our national high street competitors trade on the same basis as us. They have premises on a high street or comparable shopping destination, which are freely open to the public on the UK mainland. They stock a reasonable range of goods for customers to buy and take away, with clearly displayed prices. Their websites trade under the same brand and on the same basis as their high street shops.

Businesses that trade on a different basis to John Lewis are not deemed comparable high street competitors. These include outlets that operate only on the internet or through mail-order, showrooms attached to internet-only companies, collection points, auction sites, factory outlets, membership clubs, duty-free shops, market stalls or home shopping channels. Also we don’t match competitors who are in administration or closing down.
Edited by: "windym" 28th Jul
If you havent used it why not return it, if you have then buy from Hurley and return to John Lewis.
Edited by: "MIDURIX" 29th Jul
MIDURIX7 h, 54 m ago

If you have entered used it why not return it, if you have then buy from …If you have entered used it why not return it, if you have then buy from Hurley and return to John Lewis.

Not entirely sure what you are asking but if the OP has already bought the jacket, the John Lewis price match still applies. You have 28 days to apply the price match.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants