John Lewis Price Match...how long to respond?

Found 18th Jul 2011
Filled in the online form with all the details in,if anyone has used it,how long do they usually take to respond to you?

Thanks
Community Updates
19 Comments
Usually a day or two.
Branch dependent really - up to CS at the branch you've made the enquiry and how efficient they are.
Two days to never...... Not impressed with a company "never knowingly undersold" when they clearly are. If they weren't, they reduce their price each time someone finds a better deal.

What was the product and where was it?
cdm22

Usually a day or two.

+1
Was John Lewis online

If I were you, I would go to your nearest branch and report it. Make sure they fill out a green Undersale form. You will, generally, hear a lot quicker via a branch than online at johnlewis.com
was the competitor online only or do they have the same price in a retail outlet?
ianlmyatt

was the competitor online only or do they have the same price in a retail … was the competitor online only or do they have the same price in a retail outlet?

I have met all of John Lewis criteria to make a claim
guv

Two days to never...... Not impressed with a company "never knowingly … Two days to never...... Not impressed with a company "never knowingly undersold" when they clearly are. If they weren't, they reduce their price each time someone finds a better deal.

If it is a genuine Undersale, they do.
If the competitior is within 8 miles of the branch, the shelf edge price gets reduced. If its further afield than 8 miles, the price is matched on a one-off basis.
Bear in mind that the competitor must have the product in stock and openly advertised at the reported price. Also, JL must have stock available too.
ianlmyatt

If it is a genuine Undersale, they do. If the competitior is within 8 … If it is a genuine Undersale, they do. If the competitior is within 8 miles of the branch, the shelf edge price gets reduced. If its further afield than 8 miles, the price is matched on a one-off basis.Bear in mind that the competitor must have the product in stock and openly advertised at the reported price. Also, JL must have stock available too.

Do we work for JL?
Couldn't possibly say...... "coughs"
Done a few recently , took 1 or 2 days
ianlmyatt

Couldn't possibly say...... "coughs"

One of my gift vouchers for JL has expired. How strict are they?
Adnan786

One of my gift vouchers for JL has expired. How strict are they?

Expired? They haven't had dates on them for at least 6 years, as far as I can remember.
ianlmyatt

Expired? They haven't had dates on them for at least 6 years, as far as I … Expired? They haven't had dates on them for at least 6 years, as far as I can remember.

It was earnt out of JL Credit card points. They have only stopped putting expiry dates on them a few months ago.
Ahhh. As I don't have a JL Credit Card, I didn't know they ever had an expiry on them.
received response today,they are matching competitors price..£80ish difference
ianlmyatt

Expired? They haven't had dates on them for at least 6 years, as far as I … Expired? They haven't had dates on them for at least 6 years, as far as I can remember.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants