Expired

John lewis refunds policy???

Found 3rd Mar 2014
I bought a Samsung note 10.1 2014 from john lewis around 2 months ago been working fine up until today the screen is black and not displaying anything. If I return it back will john lewis give me a refund. As im not satisfied with this product anymore? ?
Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
35 Comments
Iv still got the recipt and all its orignal packaging
they will send it off for repair after two months usage
but What if I'm not interested in the repair. I thought the refund policy was to return within 90 days unless faulty
bargainmadness60

but What if I'm not interested in the repair. I thought the refund policy … but What if I'm not interested in the repair. I thought the refund policy was to return within 90 days unless faulty

Its faulty, so 90 days doesn't apply. Sale of Goods Act applies -not fit for purpose. You can ask for a refund but as you have had it for 90 days they may offer a repair. See below from CAB page:

What can you do if goods aren't fit for purpose?

If goods aren't fit for their normal purpose they aren't of satisfactory quality and you may have the right to return them to the seller and ask for a refund.

If something isn't fit to be used for a specific purpose agreed with the seller you may have the right to return it to the seller and claim a refund.

If you return the goods within a very short time of buying them you don't normally have to accept a repair or replacement instead of a refund, unless you want to.

If you've kept the goods for a while the law says you may have accepted the goods and have lost your right to a full refund. However, you should still have the right to get a repair or replacement.
bargainmadness60

but What if I'm not interested in the repair. I thought the refund policy … but What if I'm not interested in the repair. I thought the refund policy was to return within 90 days unless faulty

The refund policy is 90 days yes but this if if the item is unwanted and in an unused condition.

Your note has a fault which they should have provided a 2 year warranty with. You will be able to have it fixed and if not a replacement will be sent.

Could try your luck and hope you get someone who would issue you with a refund.
Iv had out less than 90 days. It's not my fault that is faulty after 6 weeks. I'm just not satisfied with this product anymore. Either they refund me or exchange for a different model ipad etc which I'm halt to pay the difference in price
bargainmadness60

Iv had out less than 90 days. It's not my fault that is faulty after 6 … Iv had out less than 90 days. It's not my fault that is faulty after 6 weeks. I'm just not satisfied with this product anymore. Either they refund me or exchange for a different model ipad etc which I'm halt to pay the difference in price

good luck

why should they refund you for a used item?

normal policy is a repair after 30 days since purchase. you may get lucky and get offered a replacement of the exact same model
Edited by: "chocci" 3rd Mar 2014
But under the "not fit for purpose" I have a right to claim a refund. It's faulty and Iv had it less than 90 days. It's on directgov website
bargainmadness60

But under the "not fit for purpose" I have a right to claim a refund. … But under the "not fit for purpose" I have a right to claim a refund. It's faulty and Iv had it less than 90 days. It's on directgov website

Why are you not directing your obvious dissatisfaction at john lewis, rather than forum members giving you their advice...

It was fit for purpose for 2 months, now it's faulty, so look on their website and see what their policy is on faulty items...it's not difficult
bargainmadness60

But under the "not fit for purpose" I have a right to claim a refund. … But under the "not fit for purpose" I have a right to claim a refund. It's faulty and Iv had it less than 90 days. It's on directgov website

it was fit for purpose when you bought it so you have pretty much zero chance of a refund
chocci

it was fit for purpose when you bought it so you have pretty much zero … it was fit for purpose when you bought it so you have pretty much zero chance of a refund

That is not correct. 'Fit for purpose' in terms of the Act means that it must be suitable to use for it stated purpose; be free from minor defects, scratches etc) and have an element of durability. In terms of durability, it must last for a reasonable time. For example the case law says that a TV should last at least 6 years.
Gordonc1960

That is not correct. 'Fit for purpose' in terms of the Act means that it … That is not correct. 'Fit for purpose' in terms of the Act means that it must be suitable to use for it stated purpose; be free from minor defects, scratches etc) and have an element of durability. In terms of durability, it must last for a reasonable time. For example the case law says that a TV should last at least 6 years.

What nonsense!
Gordonc1960

That is not correct. 'Fit for purpose' in terms of the Act means that it … That is not correct. 'Fit for purpose' in terms of the Act means that it must be suitable to use for it stated purpose; be free from minor defects, scratches etc) and have an element of durability. In terms of durability, it must last for a reasonable time. For example the case law says that a TV should last at least 6 years.

quite possibly the biggest load of tosh i've ever read on HUKD !!
But mine only lasted for 6 weeks!! It's not usable!! so it's NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!!!
I'm sure the overly generous customer service team will just cave in. Having seen their price matching policy being applied in the way it has over recent times it'll probably compensate you for your inconvenience oO
bargainmadness60

But mine only lasted for 6 weeks!! It's not usable!! so it's NOT FIT FOR … But mine only lasted for 6 weeks!! It's not usable!! so it's NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!!!

its faulty ffs

what did jl say when you asked them?

dunno why you even started this thread as you seem to know it all already
Gordonc1960

This is true, our tv broke after 3 years and we used the fit for purpose act and they replaced the tv =]
korinarose4366

This is true, our tv broke after 3 years and we used the fit for purpose … This is true, our tv broke after 3 years and we used the fit for purpose act and they replaced the tv =]

If people abuse the good will of companies, in the long run they will spoil it for everyone else.
Have you tried charging it up and switching it on? Then it will be fit for purpose
My understanding is legally you 'accepted the goods' so you should only get a replacement or repair. adviceguide.org.uk/nir…htm
korinarose4366

This is true, our tv broke after 3 years and we used the fit for purpose … This is true, our tv broke after 3 years and we used the fit for purpose act and they replaced the tv =]

Replaced.... Not refunded
So in the end they didn't give me a refund but after causing a huge show infront of other customers they offered to give me a brand new tab from the shopfloor but I declined the offer and said I wasn't the new ipad air so they gave me the ipad. So happy. good customer service. w
bargainmadness60

So in the end they didn't give me a refund but after causing a huge show … So in the end they didn't give me a refund but after causing a huge show infront of other customers they offered to give me a brand new tab from the shopfloor but I declined the offer and said I wasn't the new ipad air so they gave me the ipad. So happy. good customer service. w

So in the end you just wanted an iPad and you didnt wanna buy one new so you made a big fuss and cry to get one from John Lewis?

No wonder its such a fight these days to get companies to take broken items back.
bargainmadness60

So in the end they didn't give me a refund but after causing a huge show … So in the end they didn't give me a refund but after causing a huge show infront of other customers they offered to give me a brand new tab from the shopfloor but I declined the offer and said I wasn't the new ipad air so they gave me the ipad. So happy. good customer service. w

Can't believe you had the balls to even write that you bullied them into getting your own way. Disgraceful behaviour. oO
when i first saw this thread i knew op was just after a ipad, now its confirmed lol

The CORRECT term is 'NOT OF MERCHANTABLE QUALITY' and Falls under the SALES OF GOODS ACT.

You should accept a refund and buy something else. IF you accept a REPAIR, you LOSE the right to a REFUND, later. THAT IS THE LAW. Check with your local TRADING STANDARDS.

bargainmadness60

But mine only lasted for 6 weeks!! It's not usable!! so it's NOT FIT FOR … But mine only lasted for 6 weeks!! It's not usable!! so it's NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!!!

to be honest even if they gave me the refund I would have bought the ipad air any way. In total it only cost me £340 for a brand new ipad air 16gb. What a bargain. lol lol my way or no way
bargainmadness60

to be honest even if they gave me the refund I would have bought the ipad … to be honest even if they gave me the refund I would have bought the ipad air any way. In total it only cost me £340 for a brand new ipad air 16gb. What a bargain. lol lol my way or no way

So you made yourself look a fool and got £60 off an iPad, hope you feel big now.

If I was working there, I would have sent you packing, which is what they should have done anyway.
bargainmadness60

to be honest even if they gave me the refund I would have bought the ipad … to be honest even if they gave me the refund I would have bought the ipad air any way. In total it only cost me £340 for a brand new ipad air 16gb. What a bargain. lol lol my way or no way

you really are a cretin of some magnitude
lol, how stupid.

What makes you think OP, that you are entitled to a different product or a refund?

You are entitled for your product THAT YOU PURCHASED to work. How the store choses to do this is up to them.

You cannot buy something, use it and then after it breaks claim you want something else as you weren't happy it anyway,
Well 2 weeks passed by still my tab didn't arrive from the repair centre. So they decided to give me a new 1 from shopfloor after a huge complaint. In the end im happy Iv got a brand new ipad air space grey 16gb. I would defo shop with john lewis again great customer service.
And also john lewis did say to me at the time if it takes more than 2 weeks we will give u a brand new 1 from shopfloor. So it did take more than 2 weeks abd the tab still didn't arrive from repair centre. So I just asked them to give me the ipad air. The best thing is it only cost me £340. £60 Bargain for me. Now that's what u call great customer service. I also get a 2 yr free warranty with the ipad air lol
bargainmadness60

And also john lewis did say to me at the time if it takes more than 2 … And also john lewis did say to me at the time if it takes more than 2 weeks we will give u a brand new 1 from shopfloor. So it did take more than 2 weeks abd the tab still didn't arrive from repair centre. So I just asked them to give me the ipad air. The best thing is it only cost me £340. £60 Bargain for me. Now that's what u call great customer service. I also get a 2 yr free warranty with the ipad air lol

Nobody is interested
kjcoolcat

Nobody is interested

Its just jealousy that all. people are bitter why john lewis replaced my cheap plastic samsung note 10.1 2014 for a premium ipad air.
bargainmadness60

Its just jealousy that all. people are bitter why john lewis replaced my … Its just jealousy that all. people are bitter why john lewis replaced my cheap plastic samsung note 10.1 2014 for a premium ipad air.

Some people just have no scruples. It's a sorry state of affairs. What goes around ...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants