John Lewis refuse toprice match PRC direct

Found 23rd Mar 2015
Anyone got John Lewis to price match PRC direct?
JL declined my price match request, I assume because PRC only deliver to the grond floor
Extract from Jl email response:
"PRC Direct's website states: please note once delivery is booked it cannot be changed. Any cancellation, failed or refused delivery will incura re-delivery charged. All items will be delivered to the GROUND FLOOR only"

I wouldn't mind but I am on the ground floor!
Community Updates
14 Comments
That does not seem a valid excuse, try again and I've found it depends on who reviews the price match.
If they refuse again they you can email them however I guess their decision is final.
Go on store and talk to the people their them show them the website... If you price match online John Lewis will do research on every thing that company offers and think of a get out clause however in store if you have a friendly and helpful staff they will look at prc and where they're based and usually price match there and then
Give them a call and ask them why it was refused. Just be polite and you never know what might happen.
Call them they will email the price match department
Did john lewis say that is why? I don't think they price match prices that will lose them money. It's not a guarenteed price match like some places.
badasschris

Did john lewis say that is why? I don't think they price match prices … Did john lewis say that is why? I don't think they price match prices that will lose them money. It's not a guarenteed price match like some places.

Sorry!!! Their moto is never knowingly undersold.
What a lame reason! Can understand delivery charges differing but that's just not fair.

Peegy

Sorry!!! Their moto is never knowingly undersold.

yea and in cases where they lose money they will know they have been undersold? I know they used to refuse all sorts of price matches just because they wouldn't make any money (or lose too much anyway). It's great they do a price match if they can but I'm not mad at them for refusing to lose money. Maybe I'm wrong and things have changed. I've not bought a tv in nearly 5 years.

edit. also the main point of my post was I doubt that that's the reason they refused to do the price match and offered a more plausible one. If they actually said it's because PRC only deliver to ground floor I will be surprised.
Edited by: "IamChris" 23rd Mar 2015
in answer to a few responses, the extract from the Jl email had the words ground floor in capital letter and underlined. The wording on the PRC Webb page doesn't!
What a stupid reason to refuse a price match. OP, just contact John Lewis and tell them that isn't a good enough reason.
latest email from JL Thank you for your email and I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with our previous correspondence. 

Please note that our policy states:

'Comparing service conditions - this means we compare how we sell the product to how it is sold by the competitor to ensure it's comparable'. 

PRC Direct charge for redelivery, cancellations and refused delivery. Once a delivery is made it cannot be changed. These aspects mean that PRC Direct are not comparable to John Lewis. 

I am sorry I am unable to price match on this occasion. Further details of our Never Knowingly Undersold policy can be found on our website. 

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. 
Can anyone confirm a recent John Lewis Price match with PCR Direct?
tightget

Can anyone confirm a recent John Lewis Price match with PCR Direct?

from the email it looks like they don't, what's the TV? is it that much cheaper at PRC?
Samsung TV UE48H6410 JL=£599 PCR=£489
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants