John Lewis returns (anyone had experience of them)

Posted 1st Jul 2020
Hi all,
I purchased a Blue Seiko for myself after seeing it on here from John Lewis.
It arrived yesterday and they have sent me the green one

Ok I thought, just return it for a refund as its not what you ordered.

But the reviews for John Lewis seem terrible everywhere, to the point of some people waiting months and still getting no money back.

Has anyone had any recent experience of returning to John Lewis at all? for a refund

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
Used them once to return. Instant return no questions asked. They’re quite solid tbh. Keep in mind that people who have a bad experience are more likely to write about it than the good ones.

I mean at worst you could just call up your bank and chargeback ?
justavgjoe01/07/2020 10:54

Used them once to return. Instant return no questions asked. They’re quite …Used them once to return. Instant return no questions asked. They’re quite solid tbh. Keep in mind that people who have a bad experience are more likely to write about it than the good ones. I mean at worst you could just call up your bank and chargeback ?

Thank you, was that returned in store or sent back (online return)

Like a moron I paid with paypal instead of a card, lesson learnt!
Just returned a Kenwood mixer my boss bought on 29th March and never used. Took in store, instant, no quibble refund.
Thanks
The problems seem to relate to online returns, I can only return it via post (online) so thats why I am a little nervous.

Im sure it will be fine, but you just never know.
But the reviews for John Lewis seem terrible everywhere

That is seriously strange. JL is rightly famous for its excellent customer service
Xippi01/07/2020 11:30

But the reviews for John Lewis seem terrible everywhereThat is seriously …But the reviews for John Lewis seem terrible everywhereThat is seriously strange. JL is rightly famous for its excellent customer service

I was reading from these reviews:

uk.trustpilot.com/rev…com

reviews.io/com…om-
I had to return item for same reason they sent different colour because that's all they had in stock .
it would have been nice for them to phone me and ask if it was ok, which it wasn't because it was to match my kitchen .
It was a hassle and took a couple of weeks to get it sorted .
They wouldn't refund until the item was back in their warehouse even though their van picked it up and signed to say I had returned it .
Very disappointing service .
Sticking to AO now
Any online returns do take slightly longer than instore however you always have your consumer law and chargeback on your bank
anthea01/07/2020 12:31

I had to return item for same reason they sent different colour because …I had to return item for same reason they sent different colour because that's all they had in stock .it would have been nice for them to phone me and ask if it was ok, which it wasn't because it was to match my kitchen .It was a hassle and took a couple of weeks to get it sorted .They wouldn't refund until the item was back in their warehouse even though their van picked it up and signed to say I had returned it .Very disappointing service .Sticking to AO now

I dont mind waiting a couple of weeks as long as I actually get a refund
Xippi01/07/2020 11:30

But the reviews for John Lewis seem terrible everywhereThat is seriously …But the reviews for John Lewis seem terrible everywhereThat is seriously strange. JL is rightly famous for its excellent customer service

JL contract much of their customer services out to a 3rd party company
pop80_uk01/07/2020 11:11

Thanks The problems seem to relate to online returns, I can only return it …Thanks The problems seem to relate to online returns, I can only return it via post (online) so thats why I am a little nervous.Im sure it will be fine, but you just never know.

Similar to Amazon, JL (and its CS jockeys) are easily confused by a "return" and a "rejection."

You have received an incorrect item (wrong colour) and so are exercising your right to full refund via rejection, inc refund of delivery costs both ways.
Whatever comms you have with JL, attempt to include the phrase "rejection IAW The Consumer Rights Act 2015" and it may be prudent to have that phrase recorded by JL somewhere in case of future query.
You have 30 days from receipt of the incorrect item to notify the trader of your intention to exercise your mandatory (legal) right to reject, although it would be reasonable to notify as soon as practical.

Alternatively, you have 180 days to open a PayPal case for item SNAD.
AndyRoyd01/07/2020 14:27

Similar to Amazon, JL (and its CS jockeys) are easily confused by a …Similar to Amazon, JL (and its CS jockeys) are easily confused by a "return" and a "rejection."You have received an incorrect item (wrong colour) and so are exercising your right to full refund via rejection, inc refund of delivery costs both ways. Whatever comms you have with JL, attempt to include the phrase "rejection IAW The Consumer Rights Act 2015" and it may be prudent to have that phrase recorded by JL somewhere in case of future query.You have 30 days from receipt of the incorrect item to notify the trader of your intention to exercise your mandatory (legal) right to reject, although it would be reasonable to notify as soon as practical.Alternatively, you have 180 days to open a PayPal case for item SNAD.

Fab advice
Thank you!
Just return with a tracked service. My personal experience with JL has been excellent.
Just use one of the free returns labels and keep your proof of return incase there are any issues.
pop80_uk01/07/2020 10:57

Thank you, was that returned in store or sent back (online return) Like a …Thank you, was that returned in store or sent back (online return) Like a moron I paid with paypal instead of a card, lesson learnt!

It was at the store actually. However I’d say do not worry. JL are literally one of the best out there.
pop80_uk01/07/2020 11:48

I was reading from these …I was reading from these reviews:https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.johnlewis.comhttps://www.reviews.io/company-reviews/store/www-johnlewis-com-

Wow! Eye opener
paulj4801/07/2020 12:58

JL contract much of their customer services out to a 3rd party company

Interesting. Didn't know that.
I usually return instore but had to return via royalmail due to lockdown and the refund was procassed and back on my card in about 2 weeks.
Post a comment
@
    Text