John Lewis TV warranty ??

Found 22nd Nov 2017
How does it work ? TV is 10 month old (has 5 years warranty). No more sound. Called them and they will send an engineer who will try to fix it or take the TV away . and than they will offer me a solution in 28 days.

So up to 28 days with no TV and then what ? I can get a refund and a good luck wish to find another TV in the budget ?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
maybe check your warranty docs
give john lewis a call
Original Poster
The information I posted is what they told me on the phone. They are sending an engineer next week. If he can't fix it on the spot they are taking it and I have to wait.

I wanted to ask here opinions if this is the normal course of action
mess08049 m ago

The information I posted is what they told me on the phone. They are …The information I posted is what they told me on the phone. They are sending an engineer next week. If he can't fix it on the spot they are taking it and I have to wait.I wanted to ask here opinions if this is the normal course of action

Yeah that’s pretty much it, they won’t take 28 days though it should be much quicker. The John Lewis warranty also has a depreciation clause in it too so you won’t get back what you paid just what they think its now worth.
A warranty is aside of your consumer rights, although the warranty offered by JL on TV's is very good.

As it's over 6 months old, it would be down to you to prove the item is inherently faulty under your consumer rights. It may well be better to let JL see what the issue is. IME it won't take anywhere near 28 days.
My tv is in for a repair with JL since last Tuesday. I found it a huge hassle as both parties asked me to do this and do that. The problem comes and goes after a certain period pattern so iv been chasing JL 3 years ago.
I have a lg, the screen goes dark and light, must be a back light problem like i found out on google myself but honestly JL do try to get away with it.
I had to take a video of it happening.

Back to your issue, if the part is more expensive than your tv then they will offer a replacement or a cash value of the sale of a similar spec of the tv as it is now. They should have given you a 32" to borrow, thats the max size they will issue.
You’ll still be covered by the manufacturers warranty. Depending on the make of your tv they would be my first port of call.
Original Poster
Samsung TV only 10 months old.

I was thinking that being less than a year they should at least refund if they don't have a similar one

Just my bad luck

Thanks guys.
Have you tried contacting Samsung? If they cannot fix over the phone or remotely then they normally send Martin Dawes agents to fix the TV. You can request to Samsung you want the TV to be fixed at home and they will be happy to accommodate that. However, if the engineer attends and can’t fix it he would suggest to take the TV away but you can discuss the option with the engineer. They are pretty good. I’ve never had any issues.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions