Join Boomerang / Buy from Boomerang without subscribing for rental account

Edited by:"mixmixi"Found 11th Sep 2017
I've been getting a lot of questions on the posts I make for Boomerang with people asking how to buy from them so I decided to create this picture guide for everyone to use.

Follow the instructions below - open the website, click on "Buy" button.

2786959-s1j2h.jpg

If you do not have an account that is the only way for you to make your first purchase, you will need to search for the game you are looking to buy after clicking on Buy button.

2786959-mVedy.jpg
Once the item was added to basket (top right hand side of the page) click on basket, you will be prompted by a pop up asking to log in OR checkout as guest. Depending on your circumstance, choose one. On the next page, all you need to do is to enter your details, you may now choose a username and password to create an account to continue buying from them in the future without any need for subscription.

2786959-zIrYO.jpg

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

I think my guide is still floating around somewhere from like January, but great guide matey

Original Poster

nathan30071 h, 45 m ago

I think my guide is still floating around somewhere from like January, but …I think my guide is still floating around somewhere from like January, but great guide matey

Yours is great but a bit short mate. I thought I'll make something a bit more descriptive/illustrative.

Haven't shopped with them since they got hacked then denied it was them whilst banning/blocking people that pointed out security flaws with their site.

Did they ever apologise for it?

'Depending on your circumcises'... don't cut it short mate. Still I suppose you are eliminating the 'drawback' of not knowing what to do.

Original Poster

teh.arn12 m ago

Haven't shopped with them since they got hacked then denied it was them …Haven't shopped with them since they got hacked then denied it was them whilst banning/blocking people that pointed out security flaws with their site.Did they ever apologise for it?

I don't think so, but I am sure you are missing a lot of good deals if you've been waiting soooo long for an apology...
Edited by: "mixmixi" 11th Sep 2017

Original Poster

mrty33 m ago

'Depending on your circumcises'... don't cut it short mate. Still I …'Depending on your circumcises'... don't cut it short mate. Still I suppose you are eliminating the 'drawback' of not knowing what to do.

God damn it. I honestly didn't type it. My autocorrect did!(:I

mixmixi37 m ago

I don't think so, but I am sure you are missing a lot of good deals if …I don't think so, but I am sure you are missing a lot of good deals if you've been waiting soooo long for an apology...

Not about that, it's about their carelessness with their customers info.

Original Poster

teh.arn6 m ago

Not about that, it's about their carelessness with their customers info.

Something has happened many moons ago (that's when I was not their customer) and someone made a mistake. People got angry because of the mistake. Years have passed. People forgot what happened. But a few are reminding them. Can we let it go? Today is 9/11 too, if that can make a few of us angry too?

And I respect your opinion but that is something happened long time ago...
Edited by: "mixmixi" 11th Sep 2017

mixmixi47 m ago

Something has happened many moons ago (that's when I was not their …Something has happened many moons ago (that's when I was not their customer) and someone made a mistake. People got angry because of the mistake. Years have passed. People forgot what happened. But a few are reminding them. Can we let it go? Today is 9/11 too, if that can make a few of us angry too?And I respect your opinion but that is something happened long time ago...

It might be something that happened a while ago but it's something they never admitted to, apologised for, helped out their affected customers or even acknowledged.

They're not a very good company and it would be best to avoid them.

mixmixi47 m ago

Something has happened many moons ago (that's when I was not their …Something has happened many moons ago (that's when I was not their customer) and someone made a mistake. People got angry because of the mistake. Years have passed. People forgot what happened. But a few are reminding them. Can we let it go? Today is 9/11 too, if that can make a few of us angry too?And I respect your opinion but that is something happened long time ago...

It might be something that happened a while ago but it's something they never admitted to, apologised for, helped out their affected customers or even acknowledged.

They're not a very good company and it would be best to avoid them.

Original Poster

teh.arn8 h, 52 m ago

It might be something that happened a while ago but it's something they …It might be something that happened a while ago but it's something they never admitted to, apologised for, helped out their affected customers or even acknowledged. They're not a very good company and it would be best to avoid them.

Sure, don't buy from them.

teh.arn11 h, 26 m ago

It might be something that happened a while ago but it's something they …It might be something that happened a while ago but it's something they never admitted to, apologised for, helped out their affected customers or even acknowledged. They're not a very good company and it would be best to avoid them.

I agree. They completely shirked their responsibilities and didn't even inform their customers that it happened. They denied it and denied it for months too, and only confirmed it to those that queried it privately - even after their investigations concluded and confirmed they were hacked. I was affected by this hack, my card details were compromised and used online at Harrod's. I'd never trust this company again to be honest - they lie and manipulate just to save their own backs and couldn't care less about their customers.

I messaged them via Facebook at the time and got this back...

"When you contacted us in February, the investigation was still very much in its early stages and so it was unclear at that stage what the situation was.

The report has since concluded that there was evidence of a breach. Once the report had been concluded, we were advised that, following a Third Party Certification of our PCI compliance, that we had done all we needed to do at that stage. Once the report had been concluded, we were advised that, following a Third Party Certification of our PCI compliance, that we had done all we needed to do at that stage.

Since January 2015, we have taken a number of steps to change our payment platform, the key ones being;
1) Outsourced card handling to Sagepay, we no longer hold card details, just a token, which we then use to generate payments via Sagepay
2) We have been certified PCI compliant by a Third Party PCI QSA. I can provide the certificate to you if you wish.

Now, when you update your card details, you will be redirected to Sagepay’s servers. Sagepay are a Level 1 Compliant Payment Provider and so when your details are held by them, they are as secure as possible.

We hold the last 4 digits only, and expiry date for your card, for website administration, which is standard practice.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

And then when I asked if they would be informing their customers of the breach...

"Hi again, following on from your other question.

We will not withold the information, we will provide it to those, who like you, have requested it, but we are acting on advice from the ICO in regards to how the information is presented.

Apologies again for any inconvenience."

Do the ICO honestly advise that businesses don't tell their customers that their details have been compromised? That seems seriously irresponsible to me.

Sorry to derail your thread a little mixmixi - just think people should know to proceed with caution. They didn't admit it last time, and if it happens again, I highly doubt they'll admit it then either.

Original Poster

miikeyblue3 m ago

Sorry to derail your thread a little mixmixi - just think people should …Sorry to derail your thread a little mixmixi - just think people should know to proceed with caution. They didn't admit it last time, and if it happens again, I highly doubt they'll admit it then either.

That is fine bud. It is just I put up a guide here to help with comments I am getting on the deals. As they have told yourself they're now processing payments through third party so if it happens, they won't be the ones who need to admit. Regardless, the quality of stuff they send out is top notch, the prices are competitive and their customer service is fab, so I've been supporting them always and I guess I will be continuing doing so.
Post a comment
@
    Text