Found 5th Nov 2009
Hi I am wondering whether anybody on this forum is looking for an apprentice or knows of a firm wanting to take on a 17 year old apprentice. I have a full uk driving license, and I hold an nvq level 1 in carpentry and joinery, this year I am studying my second year in carpentry and joinery ( Diploma Level 2 Wood Occupations) I live in Derby but would be willing to travel to Nottingham.

Thanks.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

Good luck mate, hope you manage to find soemthing. I taught a class of joiners last year for the key skills part of their appreticeship. Many have struggled to find placements this year. Any particular area of the industry you're interested in? I know the shop fitting companies have suffered a bit of a downturn but apparently things are picking up there so might be worth looking to see if you have any shop fitting companies near you. Can be good money too, with lots of evening work and overtime.

You have a good name for the trade you want:) Hope you find something.

Original Poster

I did really want to get in to site joinery. I've thought about shop fitting but theres is no jobs that I have seen with in that industry either.

have you looked at the jobcentre

Original Poster

yeah a few times.

woodall92;6790349

I did really want to get in to site joinery. I've thought about shop … I did really want to get in to site joinery. I've thought about shop fitting but theres is no jobs that I have seen with in that industry either.

If you're looking for site joinery you're best off going to some of the bigger contractors, what type of site work did you have in mind?

Original Poster

any kind really, I've had a few interviews for site but they were both unsuccessful
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition70779
    2. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions