Groups

Joining MP3 files?

Hi Guys

I'm looking for a free mp3 joiner, I have Ricky Gervais 'fame' audio in eight seperate mp3 files and want to join them in order.

I have downloaded a few but I cannot work out how to join them and are a bit confusing for me, anyone know an idiot proof one for me that does the job.

Cheers.

25 Comments

Can't you just concantenate them using Dos Copy command?

Original Poster

m00bs;6571931

Can't you just concantenate them using Dos Copy command?

I dont understand?

This Is a Free 30 day trial, Just google it & download to try, looks Easy..
    Direct MP3 Joiner

Windows movie maker.

Original Poster

Benjimoron;6571984

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=free+mp3+joiner

Like I said I have tried a few and wanted peoples opinions to get a good one. Thats old hat now and a little anti-social:thumbsup:

lmgtfy.com/?q=…ish

Original Poster

flealeeds;6571978

This Is a Free 30 day trial, Just google it & download to try, looks … This Is a Free 30 day trial, Just google it & download to try, looks Easy..Direct MP3 Joiner

That one was perfect, alot better than the four I have downloaded previously :thumbsup:

tonygee;6571942

I dont understand?

I think it's like this:-

put all the mp3s you want to join into a separate folder (might be better to copy them in just in case)
    then open DOS prompt and navigate to the folder you have the mp3s in

Type in

copy *.mp3 joined.mp3

then all the mp3s should be joined into one mp3 called "joined.mp3"

Original Poster

paddy.stone;6572064

I think it's like this:-put all the mp3s you want to join into a separate … I think it's like this:-put all the mp3s you want to join into a separate folder (might be better to copy them in just in case)then open DOS prompt and navigate to the folder you have the mp3s inType in copy *.mp3 joined.mp3then all the mp3s should be joined into one mp3 called "joined.mp3"

Thanks, The Direct Mp3 joiner did the job. I'll remember that technique when the trial runs out:thumbsup:

paddy.stone;6572064

I think it's like this:-put all the mp3s you want to join into a separate … I think it's like this:-put all the mp3s you want to join into a separate folder (might be better to copy them in just in case)then open DOS prompt and navigate to the folder you have the mp3s inType in copy *.mp3 joined.mp3then all the mp3s should be joined into one mp3 called "joined.mp3"

Just out of intresst, how does it know in what order to merdge them all together?

paddy.stone;6572064

Won't that just keep overwriting until the file ends up being the last one copied, rather than them joined.

tonygee;6572046

Like I said I have tried a few and wanted peoples opinions to get a good … Like I said I have tried a few and wanted peoples opinions to get a good one. Thats old hat now and a little anti-social:thumbsup:http://lmgtfy.com/?q=childish

What's wrong with the first one on the list then? It's free and it looks pretty simple, does it not do what it says on the tin?

Original Poster

Benjimoron;6572156

What's wrong with the first one on the list then? It's free and it looks … What's wrong with the first one on the list then? It's free and it looks pretty simple, does it not do what it says on the tin?

I was looking for a completely free version not a free trial version for obvious reasons, Google is a fantastic tool but sometimes word of mouth is great also.

The free trial looks like it will have to do for now until I find a good freebie that never expires.

Either help me out or don't, Let me Google that for you doesn't help.

tonygee;6572171

I was looking for a completely free version not a free trial version for … I was looking for a completely free version not a free trial version for obvious reasons, Google is a fantastic tool but sometimes word of mouth is great also. The free trial looks like it will have to do for now until I find a good freebie that never expires.Either help me out or don't, Let me Google that for you doesn't help.

Well it looked to me that you only wanted it for one file, I'll know not to bother next time.

Use Nero (Nero Express), choose to burn a Audio cd, insert the tracks as normal but at the bottom right just above Next/Burn tick the box that says No Pause between tracks this removes 2 second gap so if your tracks have no fade in and fade out the it will join them together.

Original Poster

Benjimoron;6572432

Well it looked to me that you only wanted it for one file, I'll know not … Well it looked to me that you only wanted it for one file, I'll know not to bother next time.

Come on, we all know that "Let me google that for you" is a sarcastic link. To show how easy it is to find info on the internet, If you don't bother again I could live with that!

All the best:thumbsup:

tonygee;6572467

Come on, we all know that "Let me google that for you" is a sarcastic … Come on, we all know that "Let me google that for you" is a sarcastic link. To show how easy it is to find info on the internet, If you don't bother again I could live with that!All the best:thumbsup:

Yep, it was a little sarcastic, but that's because what you were asking for was incredibly easy to find. If you'd asked for a version that could be used over the next 12 months for example then I would've helped by looking into more detail, as it is you only stated you wanted one file. The answer was easy hence the lmgtfy link.

Original Poster

Benjimoron;6572488

Yep, it was a little sarcastic, but that's because what you were asking … Yep, it was a little sarcastic, but that's because what you were asking for was incredibly easy to find. If you'd asked for a version that could be used over the next 12 months for example then I would've helped by looking into more detail, as it is you only stated you wanted one file. The answer was easy hence the lmgtfy link.

Well your'e a lot smarter around a PC than I am, well done:thumbsup:

So your'e an intellectual bully then

tonygee;6572516

Well your'e a lot smarter around a PC than I am, well done:thumbsup:

If you can navigate your way round this site then you can get to google to type the main words that you were asking for.

Original Poster

I can tie my own shoe laces when I'm sober :whistling:

Audacity.

Free also.

tonygee;6572516

Well your'e a lot smarter around a PC than I am, well done:thumbsup:So … Well your'e a lot smarter around a PC than I am, well done:thumbsup:So your'e an intellectual bully then

I think you'll find that should be "you're"!

Always good to get the grammer right!!!!!

Original Poster

Benjimoron;6572814

I think you'll find that should be "you're"!Always good to get the … I think you'll find that should be "you're"!Always good to get the grammer right!!!!!

Now I'm going to ignore you, You are coming across a little bit sad and lonely.

lmgtfy.com/?q=…mar

tonygee;6572844

Now I'm going to ignore you, You are coming across a little bit sad and … Now I'm going to ignore you, You are coming across a little bit sad and lonely.http://lmgtfy.com/?q=grammar

It's a joke ffs!

Benjimoron;6572146

Won't that just keep overwriting until the file ends up being the last … Won't that just keep overwriting until the file ends up being the last one copied, rather than them joined.

Nope, the joined.mp3 doesn't exist until the copy is complete.

The files SHOULD be joined in alphabetical/numerical order, but if not then you just have to write it manually instead.

copy 1.mp3 + 2.mp3 + 3.mp3 joined.mp3 (obviously you substitute the 1,2,3 with the correct filenames instead.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1726
      2. Important info for Ryanair customers1417
      3. word association Game73844437
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114446

See more discussions