Joining Sky? They will match Quidco cashback over the phone (plus get you a better deal)

Found 1st Apr 2011
Heads up on something I found yesterday.

I ordered Sky online yesterday, on the value deal plus unlimited broadband. This is £27/month, with a free Sky+ box and installation. I was also inline to get £25 M&S vouchers.

I found that I couldn't use my Introduce a Friend otherwise I would be charged £79 for the Sky+ box and installation. So I went via Quidco ( which entitled me to £40, £25 on the Sky+ and £15 on the broadband) and ordered.

The next day I was emailed saying that my order had been cancelled because they couldn't contact me via phone (which is rubbish as I never got a call!).

Anyway, I rang up to find out what was going on and they explained that they couldn't find the order, so it was cancelled. I explained that I will re-order via the web to get the Quidco and the guy spoke to his manager and offered me £45 credit on the account to cover the Quidco, which I accepted.

We then carried on through the order and he also gave me a Sky+ HD box (it wasn't HD on the website) and confirmed the IAF code worked, so I ended up with a HD box and £100 M&S vouchers (split between myself and the friend).

Might be of use to anyone who doesn't want to wait for Quidco to pay out ...

1 Comment

Thanks for posting. I am moving this to misc as it is mainly a heads up about strategy and about Quidco. Cashback deals are not totally reliable and so are not allowed in the deals forum.

BTW, I have just tried to PM to tell you about 'the move', but you do not have PM's enabled.
Edited by: "chesso" 1st Apr 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text