Expired

Joining Sky using groupon {closed}

5 replies
Found 30th Jul 2014
Hi, I am about to move into a new properly and unfortunately it seems that sky is my only option. Other ISPs are quoting me up to 4mb while sky is estimating 7-14mb. For TV, other than BT(which I dont really rate for tv) sky again is my only option.

I saw today a sky deal on groupon. groupon.co.uk/dea…125

It states half price for 12 months to new customers. I would go with the original bundle £10.75 per month but I would also like unlimited broadband. It states "Free Sky Broadband Unlimited for 12 months with sports, movies or complete bundles (line rental £15.40)"
I also need a landline installed.
It is to access a communal dish.

Does anyone know if the original bundle is included in this?
Does anyone have any experience with using this groupon offer and willing to share what they found out?
Does anyone have any tips/hints?

I spoke to sky via chat and they just regurgitated what they had online. Will try phoning them later. Sadly sky have removed the ability to pay line rental up front for the year so it is a steady £15.40 per month

Thanks for any replies

5 Comments

cant you do it via quidco or topcashback ?

Original Poster

As I will be using a communal dish in the apartment I am not eligible for cashback from quidco or topcashback. Disappointed with that as I would have used them-they were my first stop!

Original Poster

sorry all, didnt realise this offer was different than the one I got on my phone
groupon.co.uk/dea…457

BB has diffferent limitations. Got to pay for sky sports to get free broadband

Thanks anyway

If you are not using fibre how would Sky be able to offer you a faster broadband if it's using the same copper wiring? Don't be misled by up to speeds.

redhot999

If you are not using fibre how would Sky be able to offer you a faster … If you are not using fibre how would Sky be able to offer you a faster broadband if it's using the same copper wiring? Don't be misled by up to speeds.

Sometimes they are LLU
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G23
    2. Where to sell Chinese/Japanese CDs?43
    3. private number11
    4. Is it illegal to sell train tickets?44

See more discussions