Found 9th Jun 2009
i have been thinking about joining the police and after reading all the details i am just wondering if anyone could let me know what the shifts are like, all it states on the internet is early, day , late and night shift. but i am looking at what times these are around. i have a little girl to consider for childcare etc. thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
23 Comments

Banned

the shifts are very nice thanks

dog_cop;5448414

be nice :x

dog_cop;5448414

yeah that explains a lot, great help to her that is.

It used to be 6am till 2pm.2pm till 10am .10pm till 6am . I think it changed by 1 hour a few years back so i am not sure if its ie 7am till 3pm.

id love to join the police but after seeing the application form i wouldnt even get through that stage

Banned

donnaraine;5448514

id love to join the police but after seeing the application form i … id love to join the police but after seeing the application form i wouldnt even get through that stage

easy peasy got for it bird just photo copy the application write it out check it then off you go.. you don't try you will never know, better than hanging around this flea infested place:thumbsup:

i want to join the police....but need to get some serious training in! Im thinking I need to get a bit fitter lol

Original Poster

patti;5448491

It used to be 6am till 2pm.2pm till 10am .10pm till 6am . I think it … It used to be 6am till 2pm.2pm till 10am .10pm till 6am . I think it changed by 1 hour a few years back so i am not sure if its ie 7am till 3pm.

thanks for your help. its fine if its not exact, i just need to have an idea as my little girl is in nursery 2 days at the moment and i know that its not poss to keep her in if i change my job.. i would love to do this but just dont know if its going to be poss at the moment or i would maybe need to wait till shes at school

Banned

The coppers I work with do 7-7, 12 hour shifts as do I

2 on 3 off, 2 on 2 off, 3 on 2 off

Original Poster

lil_tiger;5448572

i want to join the police....but need to get some serious training in! Im … i want to join the police....but need to get some serious training in! Im thinking I need to get a bit fitter lol

i was talking to one of my customers today as he is in the police, he said that it was a lot easier than people think the test arent that bad.. and the fitness test is that you have to run 1 1/2 miles in approx 14 mins, but it takes ages to get through all the interviews and assessments

10 hour shifts here mainly.

Original Poster

lumoruk;5448609

The coppers I work with do 7-7, 12 hour shifts as do I2 on 3 off, 2 on 2 … The coppers I work with do 7-7, 12 hour shifts as do I2 on 3 off, 2 on 2 off, 3 on 2 off

thank you for you help.
does this vary on a weekly basis as 7am - 7pm then changing 7pm-7am

louise.123;5448637

i was talking to one of my customers today as he is in the police, he … i was talking to one of my customers today as he is in the police, he said that it was a lot easier than people think the test arent that bad.. and the fitness test is that you have to run 1 1/2 miles in approx 14 mins, but it takes ages to get through all the interviews and assessments

Yeah I have the time, I have just graduated form uni and we have been told to expect to wait a year for a half decent job on average anyways.
Hmmm that seems pretty easy though, although I think I would rather get fitter anyways so I can do it easy, would be a good excuse regardless:)

heres a breakdown of my OH's shifts over the past
6 - 4 days
6 - 4 days
7-4 days
7-4 days
rest day
rest day
8-4 nights
8-4 nights
10 - 6 nights
Rest day

his shifts are all over the place and can also depend which area you are working and which department, Overtime is dropped on him at no notice.

bitseylango;5448787

heres a breakdown of my OH's shifts over the past 6 - 4 days6 - 4 … heres a breakdown of my OH's shifts over the past 6 - 4 days6 - 4 days7-4 days7-4 days rest dayrest day8-4 nights8-4 nights10 - 6 nightsRest day his shifts are all over the place and can also depend which area you are working and which department, Overtime is dropped on him at no notice.

Just wondering...is overtime optional or compulsary?

mod

Removed off topic posts, please show respect the original poster in keeping this thread on topic
Any posts breaching the code of conduct may result in an infraction

Banned

louise.123;5448658

thank you for you help. does this vary on a weekly basis as 7am - 7pm … thank you for you help. does this vary on a weekly basis as 7am - 7pm then changing 7pm-7am

sorry when they go off have their days off they are on pm to am then change over again to am to pm

lil_tiger;5448809

Just wondering...is overtime optional or compulsary?

No idea.........he never refuses overtime though :-D

Original Poster

i have added rep thanks for your replys

Banned

thanks andy,

louise I am referring to MoD police btw, not sure if shifts vary among differing forces. Would like to know the rosta for Thames Valley Police as I have put an application in for them about a month ago now. I thought all Police did 12hrs (unless they were desk jockeys) my Dad works for them so suppose I should ask him :oops:

Good luck, hope it goes well for you

Original Poster

bigflump;5449436

so do i, i will update in a years time lol

bigflump;5449436

louise.123;5449472

so do i, i will update in a years time lol

lol if you dont give it a go, you'll never know :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428614679
    2. Boredom1822
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769659
    4. The Walking Dead Thread (opinion, spoilers Rumors)74571

See more discussions