Groups

Joining two different hard drives

I currently use a 320GB HDD in my pc, it is split into C and D drives. D drive being the main storage drive. However it is pretty much filled up. If I buy a 1TB drive, can I combine it with my D drive to merge it into 1 single drive. I dont really want a drive E.

11 Comments

What do you mean "merge" it?

No .It will be E

You can. Spanned volume and dynamic disks are the words you want to look out for in the Disk Manager deely.

Sellotape

If your current hard drive is partitioned into a C and D drive you can combine the two relatively easily.

dcx_badass

Why not combine C and D instead, much easier, I really wouldn't do it … Why not combine C and D instead, much easier, I really wouldn't do it across drives.

C is probably a windows/os partition, so you wouldn't really want to merge it.

OP why not just buy a 1tb drive and move everything from your current drive to that one?
    Edited by: "PaulNT" 23rd Jan 2011

Original Poster

I could do that, but dont want to turn the 320GB drive into just a windows OS partition.

PaulNT

C is probably a windows/os partition, so you wouldn't really want to … C is probably a windows/os partition, so you wouldn't really want to merge it.OP why not just buy a 1tb drive and move everything from your current drive to that one?

Civic EG6

I could do that, but dont want to turn the 320GB drive into just a … I could do that, but dont want to turn the 320GB drive into just a windows OS partition.

I mean install the OS on to the 1TB drive as well. You could keep the 320gb if you wanted for when you filled the 1TB.

Take a look at flexraid view or flexraid live I think one of them allows this.

Surely just install a 1tb, which will become e, then move everything from d to e, then delete the d partition, then you will have c being 320gb OS drive, e being 1tb storage drive

Well as your newer 1tb drive will be faster just clone your 320gb drive across to it and use your 320gb drive for backing up.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)918
      2. Gaming PC Upgrade Help33
      3. E-Bike/Electric Bike/Pedelec Advice810
      4. Best VR games?11

See more discussions