Groups

Jonathan Ross ' Mucks up Again'

uk.news.yahoo.com/21/…tml

Jonathan Ross is under fire again after suggesting parents should put their sons up for adoption if they wanted a Hannah Montana MP3 player. Skip related content

Jonathan Ross has sparked more controversy with an ellegedly homophobic joke on his radio

A number of listeners complained to the broadcasting watchdog, claiming the comments on his Radio 2 show on Saturday were homophobic.

Ross, 48, was involved in a light-hearted discussion about prizes in a competition themed around the fictional teen pop star when he joked: "If your son asks for a Hannah Montana MP3 player, you might want to already think about putting him down for adoption before he brings his, erm, partner home."

Leave the poor guy alone!

18 Comments

can't joke about anything anymore!

LOL im not a fan of jonathan ross, think he is a bit of a tit. However you cant say anything nowadays without the PC brigade on your case

Original Poster

im sure now its been publicised more people will complain.

Oh for goodness sake, it was said in jest, and he wrote on his twitter himself that he is mortified if people think he was being homophobic. The PC brigade strikes again.....

its true though

would a boy buy barbie ?

not his greatest fan in the world (tv show is cringe worthy at points as he sucks up the guests ****) but his rambling on twitter are entertaining and to be fair he does have a point.

myaser88;5204958

its true thoughwould a boy buy barbie ?

sure it went well with my action man

oh god people get offended by such silly things these days it seems

I don't think JR is homophobic in the slightest, in fact doesn't he champion gay rights in a small way by having 4 Poofs and a Piano on his show? That's my reading anyway.

myaser88;5204958

its true thoughwould a boy buy barbie ?

If more children were brought up to be free of stereotyped roles, we wouldn't have such a problem with homophobia in the first place. If every young boy was given some 'girly' toys, it might help them grow up to be slightly less intolerant....

"Am mortified to hear some people thought I was being homophobic on Radio show. Nothing could be further from truth, as I am sure most know."

tweeted from the man himself no less than one earth hour ago.

i dont get the joke

btw going to cinema soon, wud anyone recommend the hannah montana movie ?

starsparkle2311;5205272

Miley Cyrus would

would what? is she old enough?

intenso100;5205277

would what? is she old enough?

just

Reads exactly like a Daily Maul (that was a genuine typo but I like it so much I'm leaving it there) article. Some people, for ****'s sake.

I mean, when will they accept that gay people are just a subspecies and don't have rights?

(NOTE FOR IDIOTS: THAT LAST LINE WAS A JOKE)

What a load of BS. The media is simply out to get him. Get a grip world, ugh.

Banned

starsparkle2311;5205446

I had to fill a form in today, they asked my sexuality!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you respond with?

ants97;5205178

"Am mortified to hear some people thought I was being homophobic on Radio … "Am mortified to hear some people thought I was being homophobic on Radio show. Nothing could be further from truth, as I am sure most know."tweeted from the man himself no less than one earth hour ago.

Exactly how I felt when I got an infraction for homophobic comments on here recently when I was actually having a humorous dig at those who genuinely hold such views. :roll:

Words must be judged in context, not taken in isolation and certainly not on face-value.

There is a very simple way to determine whether someone is being ironic or harbouring a serious prejudice - ask them!

True intent usually comes out in responses to such accusations, and JR's response is a good example. None of the mealy-mouthed ambiguity you would get from the real homophobe or racist - just a straightforward admission of feeling mortified that such an accusation could even be made. JR might be a bit of a fool sometimes (aren't we all), but he's certainly no homophobe.

And btw, this is not a problem of so-called political correctness (it's right that people should be taken to task for their prejudice), it's a problem of interpretation. A lot of the people making the accusations are genuinely not smart enough to see the bigger picture and/or judge comments in context.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Nightmare with BT over Broadband1112
      2. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!22
      3. How to cancel Sky subscription68
      4. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming35

See more discussions