Junior Marketing Assistant

Found 2nd Sep 2009
Applied and got interview! CANT WAIT!!!

Anyone any info on what sorta things i may be asked at the interview? This will be my first career orientated interview so not really sure what to expect

Cheers

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
20 Comments

they will ask you, if you were an animal what one would you be?

don'y say shark or tiger........

Original Poster

RBH;6185755

they will ask you, if you were an animal what one would you be?don'y say … they will ask you, if you were an animal what one would you be?don'y say shark or tiger........

what about turtle?

Banned

Do you use joined up hand writing?

Do you know your times tables?

Can you tie your own shoe laces?

I'ts probably wise to recite the lines so you can prove you can remember them - "Can I take your order please" and "The ketchup is over there"

HTH

Original Poster

guv;6185767

Do you use joined up hand writing?Do you know your times tables?Can you … Do you use joined up hand writing?Do you know your times tables?Can you tie your own shoe laces?I'ts probably wise to recite the lines so you can prove you can remember them - "Can I take your order please" and "The ketchup is over there"HTH

already worked in mcdz. This is a serious thread! serious replies only!

Best of luck with the interview -

when is it?

Original Poster

Butterflies;6185835

Best of luck with the interview - when is it?

thanks! monday the 7th at 2:15pm

Original Poster

nikkib123;6185854

Can you make a cup of tea?Do you know where the sandwich shop is?Do you … Can you make a cup of tea?Do you know where the sandwich shop is?Do you know where the photocopier is?I jest, well done and good luck x

haha your a funny one! nah but i am expecting to be the goffer to start with if i get the job! :thumbsup:

There's no problem being the go for!

It's a great starting place of a job, which can take you far

It's really really exciting - I bet you are jumping up and down.

I started off as the goafer - and ended up being head hunted for many years after - getting promotion after promotion.

Like I say - best of luck - it's great news

Whats your favourite Viral marketing campaign?
What adverts do you remember?

nikkib123;6185854

[COLOR="Red"]Can you make a cup of tea?Do you know where the sandwich … [COLOR="Red"]Can you make a cup of tea?Do you know where the sandwich shop is?Do you know where the photocopier is?[/COLOR]I jest, well done and good luck x

+1

I work in marketing and if you're going in as a junior assistant , they're exactly the keys skills you're gonna need

Original Poster

Butterflies;6185888

There's no problem being the go for!It's a great starting place of a job, … There's no problem being the go for!It's a great starting place of a job, which can take you farIt's really really exciting - I bet you are jumping up and down.I started off as the goafer - and ended up being head hunted for many years after - getting promotion after promotion.Like I say - best of luck - it's great news

what sorta work is it that you do ?

yeah im proper excited although not getting to ahead of myself as its only an interview and its only round 1

5 places for around 30 people getting interviewed! Although i do have faith in myself and i must have done something right to get an interview

Original Poster

DKLS;6185896

Whats your favourite Viral marketing campaign?What adverts do you … Whats your favourite Viral marketing campaign?What adverts do you remember?

for viral marketing it would have to either be burger kings subservient chicken OR the cadbury gorilla advert!
Ads you most remember i feel are the annoying ones haha
midlandscomics;6185911

+1I work in marketing and if you're going in as a junior assistant , … +1I work in marketing and if you're going in as a junior assistant , they're exactly the keys skills you're gonna need

how long does this last ?

Banned

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Original Poster

DLM;6185952

Good Luck :thumbsup:

why thank you xz x

scotland88;6185933

for viral marketing it would have to either be burger kings subservient … for viral marketing it would have to either be burger kings subservient chicken OR the cadbury gorilla advert! Ads you most remember i feel are the annoying ones haha how long does this last ?

I've been working in marketing for 9 years now......... I'd say the first year - 18 months (although I still make the ocassional coffee for people now if I'm quiet :-D)

good luck mate, ingore the trolls

edit: seems the mods have taken car of it now

I think JFK said he was in marketing, mabye he can help.

Whatever the business is, try to find some background info on it, when it was established etc etc, shows you done some research

I have been in marketing for a year now and i made my first coffee last week (for some visitors)
If its a graduate position then most likely you will be asked exactly what you studied at uni, they might ask you what your disertation was about etc, this helps them get a feel for what exactly you know and what interests you the most. Also any other experience, luckily for me i started my own online business at uni so already had a lot of practical experience in some areas of online marketing.

Original Poster

midlandscomics;6186007

I've been working in marketing for 9 years now......... I'd say the first … I've been working in marketing for 9 years now......... I'd say the first year - 18 months (although I still make the ocassional coffee for people now if I'm quiet :-D)

aha i see, i knew that was part and parcle of being a junior, im just really hoping to show what iv got! i know a guy who in 5 years was head of a company at only 26 he's who i wanna base myself on
black gerbil1;6186012

good luck mate, ingore the trollsedit: seems the mods have taken car of … good luck mate, ingore the trollsedit: seems the mods have taken car of it nowI think JFK said he was in marketing, mabye he can help.Whatever the business is, try to find some background info on it, when it was established etc etc, shows you done some research

cheers man appreciated!
i will give him a shout see if he has any info!
i know a ton about the company already
their arnt a big company established 2006 so relativly young, i thought somewhere like that would be better as it may be easier for me to get ahead in a smaller company than apply for one of the major boys and be stuck in the background for years!:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Titchimp;6186033

I have been in marketing for a year now and i made my first coffee last … I have been in marketing for a year now and i made my first coffee last week (for some visitors)If its a graduate position then most likely you will be asked exactly what you studied at uni, they might ask you what your disertation was about etc, this helps them get a feel for what exactly you know and what interests you the most. Also any other experience, luckily for me i started my own online business at uni so already had a lot of practical experience in some areas of online marketing.

my degree is in sociology but i felt a step into marketing maybe a good way to take it as consumer marketing research is a form of applied sociology.

[COLOR="Red"]I work in marketing and if there's anything you want to know just ask me.

In the interview itself just make sure you come across as ultra confident but not cocky or arrogant. As BG said make sure you know a lot about the company although it sounds like you've already done your research.

Common interview questions are:

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What makes you better than the other candidates?
They make also ask you what are your salary requirements so make sure you do your research into how much other companies pay employees of your job title.[/COLOR]
Post a comment
@
    Text