Jurawatches.co.uk missing promised gifts

Posted 4th Dec 2022
Hi there,

few days ago I purchased a watch from Jurawatches.co.uk. I got convinced by one of the staff members which contacted me personally and promised watch winder (apparently worth £200) to be added complimentary on top of my order watch+necklace, which sounded like a nice deal ...

luckily (after i read all the comments about the company i honestly started to doubt i am gonna receive even the watch) I have received my order and as expected with no promised extras. none of them.

Here is my question, did anybody order from jurawatches? how was your experience, have you received extras?

I tried to contact support, but after sale customer service is non existent. I am thinking of contacting my credit card company instead and reporting it, as the order has not been fulfilled, which I can easily prove.

Any advice?
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Last year I purchased a Longines (£1,200) for my Better half from C.W.Sellors on behalf of Jurawatches. Order placed late November, I emailed them first making sure I will get it before Christmas and they said yes definitely. Delivery was expected early December. 7th December I got in contact and asked where it was, their response was “we are very confident you will receive this before Christmas, I have taken a look and the piece you ordered didn’t arrive in the large order we made from Switzerland recently.”
    Fast forward to 23rd December with many emails in between and I still don’t have the piece they promised. They agree to send out a cheaper version half stainless half gold instead to arrive the next day while I wait for the one I ordered to arrive.

The cheaper watch arrives and the inner sleeve is all scratched and marked so presentation was poor, it needed a wipe as it seemed covered in dirt too.

Fast forward again to end of January and still no contact from C.W.Sellors Jurawatches regarding the watch I ordered. I call them and ask what is happening with it and they repeat what they said the first time that it didn’t arrive and they are confident it will arrive in the next delivery. My other half quite liked the gold/stainless watch so decided to keep it, I got back in touch with them and told them we will keep the cheaper watch. They respond and agree to refund the difference on Feb 3rd. By Feb 20th, still no refund received so I chase again and refund promised to be sent in next few days. I received the refund about 5 days later.

So in summary, they appeared to want to help and they were quick to respond most of the time, but what they were promising and what was actually happening were very different. Reading back through the emails there are around 25 emails and 6 phone calls I had to make to even receive the cheaper watch before Christmas and to get the refund of money I overpaid when we decided to keep the cheaper watch. All in all took 3 months to resolve.

on that basis I would 100% avoid and would not recommend buying anything from C.W Sellors/Jura watches. Hope this helps anyone perusing.
    If you are on Facebook on twitter post a comment on one of their posts saying you've not received the free gift and no one from customer services is getting back to you.
    I am not sure if not providing a complimentary item would count as order not being fulfilled in the eyes of your credit card company, but I am unsure
    Author
    Necklace is listed on the invoice. So i am pretty sure it would. Watch winder was promised in the email conversation - so also have how to back it up.
    I would suggest leaving a negative review on Trustpilot. They respond to reviews and there are reviews which state the watch winder wasn't sent, and the issue was resolved.

I haven't checked T&CS, but most "free gift" promotions usually have a clause which states that they may not always be able to offer it. (edited)
    Goods received do not conform to the order, so:
    buyer has 30days to exercise right to notify trader of rejection (not cancellation) and make goods available to trader to collect (Consumer Rights Act section 20 (5) archive.ph/mzf2S and 20 (7)(b) archive.ph/mzf2S )

If the buyer has lost faith in the trader and the purchase qualifies for CCA S75 (direct credit payment to trader of at least 1p for an individual item costing £100 or more), the same rejection can be notified to the credit provider, where the credit provider is more likely to show an interest in the most appropriate (credible & trustworthy) collection methodology,
    where typically a collection is the preferred method as the trader / trader's agent has the opportunity to view the item(s) at time of collection, otherwise avoiding the scenario of the return recipient suggesting the returned non-conforming items appear to be used toilet paper / brick / etc rather than the genuine (alleged) valuable item.
's avatar
Top Merchants