Groups

Juror jailed for eight months for contempt of court

Got into trouble for using facebook, is it harsh or what do you think?

It must have cost an absolute fortune what this country can ill afford.

21 Comments

contempt is contempt, collapsed a trial and let free possible criminals, what do you expect?

Banned

spam.

The collapsed trial and subsequent retrial would have cost even more. The jurors are told not to contact anyone involved in the case and the reasons for it.

The punishment? Possibly a little harsh, maybe a month would be better.

Maybe she could keep us all up to date on .......

Banned

Should have got more - undermined our legal system.

Banned

master_chief

spam.

She did look like spam.

Should have been longer and the defendant that she contacted should have had to serve a jail sentence too instead of having it suspended.

Banned

JonnyTwoToes

She did look like spam.

Do you like spam?

Mod & Ed

JonnyTwoToes

She did look like spam.

spam is far more attractive than that

FilthAndFurry

Should have got more - undermined our legal system.

/Gallows.

She is a moron. Typical of today's me me me society. The rules are there for a reason. Imagine the consequences if the trial had been a murder trial. Make an example of her. The next moron to do it gets double the first sentence.

It's there to teach others in the future

The trial cost £6 million.
    The alleged drug dealer is now suing for compo, and unsafe conviction.
    All because of one selfish little trout who couldnt keep her fat face shut.

8 months wasn't enough.

She wasn't punished for using facebook she was punished for being a floater in the gene pool

Banned

master_chief

Do you like spam?

I used to like Spam fritters. I had one a couple of years ago after a couple of beers as I remembered how good they tasted. I had one bite and puked my sphincter out.

Banned

eca07mc

She wasn't punished for using facebook she was punished for being a … She wasn't punished for using facebook she was punished for being a floater in the gene pool

She had nice hair though.

Banned

50pEachwayJay

The trial cost £6 million.The alleged drug dealer is now suing for compo, … The trial cost £6 million.The alleged drug dealer is now suing for compo, and unsafe conviction.All because of one selfish little trout who couldnt keep her fat face shut.8 months wasn't enough.

I agree. All Facebook users should be jailed! X)

With luck this will send a message, though I expect there will still be THOSE who chose to ignore or just too stupid to know.

Banned

peodude

The collapsed trial and subsequent retrial would have cost even more. The … The collapsed trial and subsequent retrial would have cost even more. The jurors are told not to contact anyone involved in the case and the reasons for it.The punishment? Possibly a little harsh, maybe a month would be better.

why do you think that? I think 18 months would be better as she cost the taxayer millions, if I stole millions from the taxpayer I would expect a lot longer than 8 months

colinsunderland

why do you think that? I think 18 months would be better as she cost the … why do you think that? I think 18 months would be better as she cost the taxayer millions, if I stole millions from the taxpayer I would expect a lot longer than 8 months

"Costing" something and "Stealing" something are two completely different things, and have no correlation.

Banned

She's actually quite nice looking. I feel sorry for her now.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/6/15/1308148830389/Juror-hearing-007.jpg

colinsunderland

why do you think that? I think 18 months would be better as she cost the … why do you think that? I think 18 months would be better as she cost the taxayer millions, if I stole millions from the taxpayer I would expect a lot longer than 8 months

I wasn't aware that the total costs were £6m, that's ridiculous, surely we should be making cuts in court to get those costs down. Money's being wasted somewhere along the line there.

However, she probably, like me, wasn't aware of these massive massive costs, 8 months for a victimless (yes i know, someone will mention the tax payers) crime is more than what a lot of people get for crimes with victims, muggings, ABH, GBH, theft etc. I know that some punishments are soft, but as it stands at the moment, we need to keep the prison rates comparable to the crime.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1432
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047068
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread422914433
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17816341

See more discussions