Groups

Just a bit of advice on orange contracts...

can anyone clarify how i get through to 'retentions' to get the best possible deals for my upgrade? do i just tell them about a deal i've seen and get them to match it?

want them to show a little fight to keep me unlike a year or two ago where they just let me go easily!

thanks in advance, enjoy the sunshine!

12 Comments

yep the best deals are through retentions.

Orange called me and offered unlimited text + data + 300 mins for 25 a month with a phone.
    Didnt take it, Went through Retentions and got 1000 mins, unlim text + data for £19.58 a month + a Touch HD for £100 (haggled down from 187, which i then later sold on ebay for £400)

i told them i was interested in the android phone (the G1 and now the HTC Magic) which you cant get on orange.

TBH you can pretty much get any combination of stuff you want. you are only limited by what phone you want. If you go in with a fixed price you dont want to spend more than, when they ask you say i only want to be paying 20 a month but i want this this and this and start haggling from there.

Original Poster

Fair enough. you got 1000 mins? thats an outrageous amount for £20! Yeh i'm gonna go for £20 a month, unlimited texts and 500mb data would be nice plus 200-400 mins! an n85 would be nice but i'm not so confident!
    So do you ask to speak to retentions or did you have a direct number?

Original Poster

vikkiwathall;5307529

Hi, i work for orange & the only way to get through to orange retentions … Hi, i work for orange & the only way to get through to orange retentions is say your gonna disconnect, theres no direct line to them, but now the deals they have are not as flexible as they used to be, you should get a good deal still though

fair enough, well i probably am going to go on o2! so i'll tell them i'm thinking of switching to o2 unless there's a better deal from orange?

Orange are ruthless when it comes to you leaving, its almost desperation. Ive just switched to O2 (because of poor signal) and they kept me on hold for 15 mins (because of 'computer problems' to try and tempt me with an 'amazing deal'. Even after I left im stil getting letters asking me back.

Original Poster

yeh im inside the last 30 days. il call up and say im going to cancel unless theres a better deal so that shud cover that side. i dont get great orange signal at home hence i may go to o2! but thats upto orange to decide if i go, because a sim only deal on o2 is very tempting....afterall i already have a nokia n78!

I got offered a Nokia 5800 with 400 x-net, 300 texts and unlimited landline for £9.79 a month on an 18 month contract by Orange Retentions. that's about half the current cost on an identical new contract through e2save/onestopphoneshop.

Original Poster

tony_s1;5307843

I got offered a Nokia 5800 with 400 x-net, 300 texts and unlimited … I got offered a Nokia 5800 with 400 x-net, 300 texts and unlimited landline for £9.79 a month on an 18 month contract by Orange Retentions. that's about half the current cost on an identical new contract through e2save/onestopphoneshop.

yeh i'd rather go through orange retentions than continue doing cashbacks. would rather see a smaller lump sum leave my bank account each month!

vikkiwathall;5307529

Hi, i work for orange & the only way to get through to orange retentions … Hi, i work for orange & the only way to get through to orange retentions is say your gonna disconnect, theres no direct line to them, but now the deals they have are not as flexible as they used to be, you should get a good deal still though

No you dont.
    You dial 150 and follow the options. the option will be something like "if you are thinking of leaving us blah blah blah"

infact i just checked:

150 then 1 - 4 - 3

My uncles paying 13 quid a month 18 month contract for 500 mins and unlimited texts with a sony ericsson c902.

I managed to get 600 min, unlimited texts, unlimited data, 30 free picture messages, and a free touch diamond ( which at the time i sold for £215) all for £15 a month!

Original Poster

well after a chat ive got 18months, 400 xnet mins, unlimited texts and a sony w705 for £15 a month but i've added the 500mb internet so it'll be £20 a month! That'll do for me... thanks for the help guys!

Original Poster

heeh so am i. i was offered the nokia 6220 and nokia 5800 on the same deal but fancied getting something a bit rarer! plus i'll probably just keep my nokia n78 for now. just gotta get the orange settings from somewhere!
    i just assumed the n85 would cost to upgrade and didnt see what massive leap it'd be from my n78 so left happy instead!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheer me up please?1444
      2. Walker crisps78
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767537
      4. Heads-Up / Reminder - How to avoid using PayPal's own conversion rates :{33

See more discussions