Just a little information re Royal Mail

I was in the post office yesterday and a lady wanted to post a parcel to australia it was just over 2kg - the postmistress said it would be £63 to post -then she said if you split it into two packets under 2 kg it will come to £11 per packet = £22 saving £41
dont know if anyone else knew this but I surely didnt
Apparently anything over 2kg has to go parcel post and under can go packet or letter
sorry for the people who already know this but I found the information good

4 Comments

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Yes, I found this out when I was selling some surplus stuff on ebay. I think it's true for all overseas post, I had to point out that anything that weighed over 2kg would be very expensive to post unless it could be split into smaller parcels![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Original Poster

chrysha;2581520

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Yes, I found this out … [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Yes, I found this out when I was selling some surplus stuff on ebay. I think it's true for all overseas post, I had to point out that anything that weighed over 2kg would be very expensive to post unless it could be split into smaller parcels![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

miss your avatar Crysha:-(
strange but I associated the avatars with the people and it throws me when they change:)

I found this too when I had to send 2 pairs of Heelys to France or somewhere

octobergirl;2581559

miss your avatar Crysha:-(strange but I associated the avatars with the … miss your avatar Crysha:-(strange but I associated the avatars with the people and it throws me when they change:)

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]The cherries will be back, the duck is in support of Bellabonkers![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3211143
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764585
    3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1934
    4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1022

See more discussions