Expired

just about to buy a billyoh log cabin from gardenbuildingsdirect but put off by mse thread. anyone experience of this company?

Found 2nd Jun 2015
evening! been dithering for an age and found gardenbuildingsdirect who seem to manufacture billyoh garden buildings. was going to spend 1500 on a double glazed 4 x 3m log cabin (devon or dorset) and then found this old mse threat about kybotech (parent company). thread started in 2008 but still publishing comments from this month... almost universally poor. it's made me hesitant, especially as there are no actual sales sites to visit and i know there are other companies out there (dunster, shedstore, tiger sheds, etc).

anyone got any good experiences re garden buildings direct, based in newark, notts (i think).

ta, ever so!

9 Comments

They are known as waltons sheds or used to be, I bought an ex show shed off them a few years back never had any terrible with it. but I have found the more you pay the better quality shed you get.

furbars

They are known as waltons sheds or used to be, I bought an ex show shed … They are known as waltons sheds or used to be, I bought an ex show shed off them a few years back never had any terrible with it. but I have found the more you pay the better quality shed you get.

trouble

I've used them twice. Never had any issues with them.

agreed I've used them without issue and lost the instructions which they emailed them to me instantly. Shed still standing 2 yrs later with no issue. Also my friend asked me to put up a summer house with him. When I got there he'd ordered Billy oh version. One side was missing but dispatched immediately after a phone call.

Ordered a billyoh from gardenbuildingdirect about 3 months ago, quality of wood ain't the best, warped in quite a few places and the window beading come off within a month. Was £700 so not that much but expected better, wouldn't buy again.

An Alternative manufacturer could be Tuin (Clickable) who have a better reputation than Billyoh products, but again must pay extra.

Edited by: "nemesiz" 3rd Jun 2015

Original Poster

nemesiz

An Alternative manufacturer could be Tuin (Clickable) who have a better … An Alternative manufacturer could be Tuin (Clickable) who have a better reputation than Billyoh products, but again must pay extra.

been looking at tuin and they're actually comparable but i really don't really like their designs, even though they're all similar(ish... the only good thing about garden buildings is their optional choices. but agree that tuin look infinitely better...

31840817-xyE6N.jpgBillyOh Log Cabin, Just to let you know I would never buy one of these log cabins again, instructions are rubbish, there are no sizes on anything, nothing is labeled up, the timber is poor quality, its warped, twisted, has shakes, got some roofing peelings that are like bananas, a lot of the timber is stained with black mould, it rough timber, like crate packaging grade. The window frames are a bodge job again made in rough cut, palette timber. Floor joist to sit a large log cabin on is 38 mm square! It's not in one length either. When you ring technical help, and ask what spacing/centers these need to be for the floor joists, as there are no setting out sizes on the instructions, they said, no idea just put them where you think. You are rummaging through a pile of timber wondering what the hell all these bits are for. If you a like a big jigsaw it's a good idea. The screws, and all nails are mixed up and all thrown in a box together, takes about three hours to sort them out, they could have put them in separate bags. They take your order in the Newark, UK with English speaking people, but after that once they have your money, you have to ring the Philippines, you can't contact BillyOh in Newark, UK as they don't answer the phone, the live chat does not work, the emails are no reply. The timber when it comes, came on two small vehicles, and expected they would have something to lift it off with, and when they came they have to hand ball it all off, they even ask you to get on the waggon to help them! Paid 5K for this shed, no roofing felt came with it, timber is very poor quality, instructions rubbish no sizes on anything, nothing labeled up. Never again, just a waste of money. If I had know I would have bought the timber and made my own, it would have been just as quick, and better quality wood and better construction. Been on it now for 6 days and another few to go. Like others have said, you really need to go and see a site where they are erected so you can see the quality before you buy. Its not as though they are cheap is it, by the time we have done it will have cost 6K with the hardcore floor, the roofing felt, the clout nails, timber protection, will have to buy new timber, better quality for around the windows as theirs is all rough sawn and cracked. I paid extra for double glazed windows, when the window frames are of such poor quality, I would have been better off buying Upvc windows and there would not have been much difference in price. 31840817-KFMaa.jpg31840817-w6XCO.jpg31840817-XrwjC.jpg

I have also ordered an item (shed) from BillyOh and it is an awful product which I see you have encountered also - the customer service desk is a waste of time and will give you the run around for weeks on end with no end result.

Just wanted to ask what happened to this in the end? did you manage to get anywhere with Kybosh-tech? I am now pursuing this matter with my credit card company.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions