Just acquired Sky + box

9 replies
Found 28th Apr 2009
Hi, I already have a basic sky tv package.

I've just been given a sky + box.

1) Will it cost me anything to activate the sky + functionality?

2) Do I have to call sky to activate or can I just plug the box in?

1. Misc
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
9 Comments

you need to get the end of the dish changed to be able to have two channels that can cost and you need to let sky know two

If you have a dual/quad/octo LNB at the end of your dish and 2 cables going to your box you can either just phone up Sky

yes, you need a new dual LNB fitted to the dish as well as new cabling from the 2nd receiver back to the box. TBH it's probably easier and cheaper to get them to come and fit a new one! Will cost you £10pm to activate it's functionality.

SunTzu;5058172

yes, you need a new dual LNB fitted to the dish as well as new cabling … yes, you need a new dual LNB fitted to the dish as well as new cabling from the 2nd receiver back to the box. TBH it's probably easier and cheaper to get them to come and fit a new one! Will cost you £10pm to activate it's functionality.

In 2004 yeah :whistling:

£9.75/m if you don't have a subscription, otherwise it's free :thumbsup:

SunTzu;5058172

yes, you need a new dual LNB fitted to the dish as well as new cabling … yes, you need a new dual LNB fitted to the dish as well as new cabling from the 2nd receiver back to the box. TBH it's probably easier and cheaper to get them to come and fit a new one! Will cost you £10pm to activate it's functionality.

Robotochan;5058185

In 2004 yeah :whistling:£9.75/m if you don't have a subscription, … In 2004 yeah :whistling:£9.75/m if you don't have a subscription, otherwise it's free :thumbsup:

They don't charge £10 anymore for the SKY+ subs as long as you have any package with them, since the SKY HD+ they do not charge for the normal SKY+ anymore (they used to in the past unless you had the top package). They do charge £10 for SKY HD+ at the moment.

You'll need two feeds for your SKY+ box and if you have an old SKY box then you will need a third feed for that one. Having a normal SKY box connected with a SKY cable gives you a lot of Freeview channels (more than FREEVIEW) and you don't have to pay multiroom for that. Multiroom is only to get the same channels as your main box.

If you have a Sky package of any description its free to upgrade (if you have a SKY+ Box)

Simply Call sky, they will ask for your card number, the version of the box/serial number and then they will turn it on.

In order to get it working you will need a Quad LNB the bit on the end of the dish that points inwards, these can be obtained for about £10 off Flea bay (there are some reputable shops on there that do them)

You will then need 2x F-Connectors and some Satellite cable, simply connect the new cable and the old cable to the new LNB on the dish, then connect the other ends to your SKY+ Box and away you go!

If its an older Sky+ box and you only have limited HDD in it, if your even a little bit confident at taking things apart order yourself a HDD from the the Seagate DB35 range simply replace in box and you have loads more storage

Robotochan;5058185

In 2004 yeah :whistling:£9.75/m if you don't have a subscription, … In 2004 yeah :whistling:£9.75/m if you don't have a subscription, otherwise it's free :thumbsup:

that's what i meant lol, did i get it 25p wrong, oh no, sorry :lazy:

SunTzu;5060184

that's what i meant lol, did i get it 25p wrong, oh no, sorry :lazy:

You also missed out the part about it being free with a subscription which the OP has, but we forgive you :thumbsup:

If its an older Sky+ box and you only have limited HDD in it, if your even a little bit confident at taking things apart order yourself a HDD from the the Seagate DB35 range simply replace in box and you have loads more storage.

Can you use a seagate sv35 in a sky+ box
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769489
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2557
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522871
    4. Follow-up to the closure of Kids Company in 2015.1017

See more discussions