Just another ebay rant!!!

I bid and won an auction on 13th of this month and paid straightaway. After waiting 6 days, I emailed asking if the item was despatched. They have sent this as response.

"hi there im so sorry i am away untill the 26th getting married and you won and paid for the auction after i left, will get that sorted once i get back sorry, kindest regards"

So if I'm lucky, they will despatch the item 13 days after the end of auction, arrghh..

Your thoughts please, epic thread I know

20 Comments

Annoyin but sh1t happens.
Could be a lot worse.
Havin said that, they should've put that info in the advert!!!

unlucky ducky! this happens a lot on fleabay people not sending items for upto 14 days as above it should be mentioned in their listing....next item you win leave payment for 3days

yea s/he shouldve put that on item desc. you can try your luck asking for compensation for that reason (may be a refund on postage)...

Original Poster

Mr Weasle;5542860

unlucky ducky! this happens a lot on fleabay people not sending items … unlucky ducky! this happens a lot on fleabay people not sending items for upto 14 days as above it should be mentioned in their listing....next item you win leave payment for 3days

Seller's payment instructions in the item listing: PLEASE MAKE PAYMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS THANK YOU
:roll:

I always put in my listing if there's going to be a delay when I sell something so I think you should kick up a stink if they didn't.
I'd leave a neutral if it was me.

Just post negative feedback!

Be nice until it arrives but defintely leave negative feedback, People like this need to learn a lesson,

Aren't E-Bay sellers entitled to get married and have honeymoon?

pugw$sh;5543081

Aren't E-Bay sellers entitled to get married and have honeymoon?

Arent Ebay buyers allowed to know that when they pay instantly for something that the seller will not post for at least two weeks because they are busy and couldnt be arsed to put it in the listing,

She could have just forgot with the wedding & other things on her mind, if you aren't that bothered about a delay why leave a negative just to be nasty.
Her email is fairly polite so I think a neutral explaining the delay would be enough.

Yeah im sure when they were listing it they forgot they were getting married lol, Weddings and holidays are the biggest excuse used by people selling things that are not in their posession yet,Was the item brand new and does the seller regularly sell new items ?.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;5543230

Yeah im sure when they were listing it they forgot they were getting … Yeah im sure when they were listing it they forgot they were getting married lol, Weddings and holidays are the biggest excuse used by people selling things that are not in their posession yet,Was the item brand new and does the seller regularly sell new items ?.

Yeah item is BNWT dress, not sure from feedback what they sell cos they are all private listings.

Original Poster

magough;5542809

Annoyin but sh1t happens.Could be a lot worse.Havin said that, they … Annoyin but sh1t happens.Could be a lot worse.Havin said that, they should've put that info in the advert!!!

True:)

nuabdi;5542892

yea s/he shouldve put that on item desc. you can try your luck asking for … yea s/he shouldve put that on item desc. you can try your luck asking for compensation for that reason (may be a refund on postage)...

That is an option, the postage was a reasonable £2.99 not sure what I can ask from that:-D
stgeorge;5542921

I always put in my listing if there's going to be a delay when I sell … I always put in my listing if there's going to be a delay when I sell something so I think you should kick up a stink if they didn't. I'd leave a neutral if it was me.

Jim N;5542955

Just post negative feedback!

tinkerbell28;5543069

She should of put it in the item description, or put holiday settings on … She should of put it in the item description, or put holiday settings on or best of all used common sense and listed when she got back.It's worth a neut or neg depending on how you feel, it's just incompetence in all honesty, plus she will forfeit her selller protection not sending in 7 days..............

tonyg1962;5543070

Be nice until it arrives but defintely leave negative feedback, People … Be nice until it arrives but defintely leave negative feedback, People like this need to learn a lesson,

stgeorge;5543164

She could have just forgot with the wedding & other things on her mind, … She could have just forgot with the wedding & other things on her mind, if you aren't that bothered about a delay why leave a negative just to be nasty.Her email is fairly polite so I think a neutral explaining the delay would be enough.

I'm surprised that they left active listings before they went away. If I remember right they had quite few listings ending about the same time. Or she has made up a story just for me.
Anyway I'm not so cross to leave a neutral or negative, although I was hoping for the item to arrive everyday before they replied.

EDIT: She has sold 3 items on that day. No feedback since then. Will be interesting to see what feedback she gets for those items.

Marina;5543804

Yeah item is BNWT dress, not sure from feedback what they sell cos they … Yeah item is BNWT dress, not sure from feedback what they sell cos they are all private listings.

Probably private because they all have the same photo,If the item doesnt arrive in two weeks the next thing you will hear will be "There was a death in the family". Seen it all,

Original Poster

Seller has today sent an email that the parcel she sent has returned back due to Invalid Postcode. Every other item I ordered from ebay have all arrived fine.:roll:

Marina;5630283

Seller has today sent an email that the parcel she sent has returned back … Seller has today sent an email that the parcel she sent has returned back due to Invalid Postcode. Every other item I ordered from ebay have all arrived fine.:roll:

Sounds like the seller never had the item and is just buying time , I would put in a claim with paypal and the buyer will have to prove that they actually posted it,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;5630708

Sounds like the seller never had the item and is just buying time , I … Sounds like the seller never had the item and is just buying time , I would put in a claim with paypal and the buyer will have to prove that they actually posted it,

Looks like it:x What if she gave the tracking number that she claims to have posted? :?

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5634851

Nothing as she won't have one to prove delivery to your address, open … Nothing as she won't have one to prove delivery to your address, open your dispute now, what a numpty seller.

I did tinkerbell, the way has responded has really annoyed me or is it just his style of communication?
Below is the Dispute.
[COLOR=darkred]Dear Seller[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]It is 17 days since I paid for the item. I still haven't received the item. I have received your emails about wedding, parcel returning etc. I have been quite patient so far but I am not sure if I will receive the item at all.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]I shall close this dispute if and when I acutally receive the item. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Regards[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]From Seller - Mr.xxxx xxxxxxxx[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]30/06/2009 23:39 BST[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]hi there, i also think that i have been patient with you, i have told all my other buyers the same about the wedding and they have all got off fine in the post infact they should have them by now, you will see that i am not a person to mess people around and these are genuine reasons for you not recieveing items straight away as i said before i was away when you won the item i think i have been very reasonable about evertyhing here and have kept in c ontact with you, if i was planning on not sending it to you i would not be in touch AT ALL so give me a break here, your post code is actually wrong in your ebay account thats why it returned to me ok, you will get tyour item asap i promise that[/COLOR]

Now I'm annoyed that he has mentioned that he has been patient with me. I have sent one liner polite email after 6 days of purchase if the item was despatched. And yesterday when he sent the email about return of parcel, I just gave my address again and mentioned the address is paypal is correct as I have received other items I have purchased in ebay. Thats all. Why should he say he is paitent with me, what have I done. Whats with "Give me a break"
I'm sure if I sold like this in ebay, I would have got my neg already. He's responding as if I'm bothering him. :?
I need to word a response to him, any ideas anyone?

Wow, Thats disgraceful as far as i am concerned, I cant believe how some sellers think they can treat buyers once they have their money off them , As for wording a reply i dont think mine would be printable.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;5635501

Wow, Thats disgraceful as far as i am concerned, I cant believe how some … Wow, Thats disgraceful as far as i am concerned, I cant believe how some sellers think they can treat buyers once they have their money off them , As for wording a reply i dont think mine would be printable.

:-D
tinkerbell28;5635520

Well as a seller they should know to send in 7 days, I would just ask … Well as a seller they should know to send in 7 days, I would just ask them again to refund in all honesty and leave it at that it's not worth it. Seller is totally in the wrong.

Ebay is blocked at work, when I get home I'm going to ask for refund. I think he's going to say that item is already posted. :?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona1972
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846124
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1113
    4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2540

See more discussions