Just arrived home to find my parrot sat on the wall outside!

15 replies
Found 11th Jul 2008
Only been gone a maximum of 30 mins,walking up to the house i heard a familiar "hello mummy" thought cor he is a bit loud today til I turned round to hurry up my little one and saw him sat on the wall!

Looks like he has been flying around as he is all hot and sweaty but boy am I glad he decided to come on indoors with me,my heart was in my mouth!

Just noticed that he keeps rattling the top of the cage which in turn is releasing the lock and he can then push it open,that and my leaving an upstairs window open,will be making his cage ultra secure now!

1. Misc
  2. Parrot
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Parrot
15 Comments

Banned

is that him in the pic? "hello mummy" I love him!

Ya just need one of those little padlocks to link the door and cage shut.

I'm glad he's safe. I had an owl pottering about my garden yesterday, but that's another story. :-D

Original Poster

I wish I could just padlock it together but as its arch top the 2 opening siddes create a big centre section which means i cant get a padlock through,sure my dad will make something up for me!

and yeah thats the lil torag in my avatar

Wow glad you got there in time!!

sensible bird - he knows were he is better off:thumbsup::thumbsup:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

Original Poster

to be honest he is a bit too humanised to fend for himself dont think he would know where to try and find food if it wasnt handed to him in his bowl lol

He thinks he is human so had he of gone off I dont think he would of been able to survive long,especially with all the big seagulls roaming the area at the moment

Banned

LOL...would love a parrot.

Glad he stayed nearby =]

Hehe, whenever my animals escape they never ever ever leave the garden (despite there being no gates).

They're obviously happy with the amount of food and attention they get here. :giggle:

Original Poster

thats it I guess they know where the food is lol

aww...... glad he's safe, that must have been a shock for you!

Daughter and her OH weren't as lucky last year they lost their cockateil he never came back, it was really sad, he'd (her OH) had him for 14 years too.

Original Poster

suze;2506565

aww...... glad he's safe, that must have been a shock for you!Daughter … aww...... glad he's safe, that must have been a shock for you!Daughter and her OH weren't as lucky last year they lost their cockateil he never came back, it was really sad, he'd (her OH) had him for 14 years too.

awwwww poor things

Mardyass;2507015

awwwww poor things

I know, now when we go to their house, it seems so quiet when you first get there :-(

Sloth/Mod

Glad he didn't vanish and came back home.

Double glad you don't live near my cat. lol..........i'm fed up of constant ex-flying presents at the back door. :lol:

Original Poster

I Reckon he would put up a good fight against a cat lol
My dad looked after him whilst i went away for a few days and in the end his cat refused to go inside as everytime he did the bird would be at him,everytime he meowed the bird told him to shut up and the final straw was him landing on the cats back and taking a nip lol

Mardyass;2510932

I Reckon he would put up a good fight against a cat lolMy dad looked … I Reckon he would put up a good fight against a cat lolMy dad looked after him whilst i went away for a few days and in the end his cat refused to go inside as everytime he did the bird would be at him,everytime he meowed the bird told him to shut up and the final straw was him landing on the cats back and taking a nip lol

:giggle::giggle:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710976
    2. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1318
    3. Heads up - Nintendo Switch Neon Console and Get Lego City Undercover and Ra…45
    4. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…22

See more discussions