Groups

Just asked Orange for my PAC but didn't get retention offer.

I'm planning on leaving Orange and when I rang for my Pac, was surprised that they didn't try and match the offer or even make any offer.

Could it be that I told them the deal I was looking at was with T-mobile and apparently T-mobile and Orange are merging

16 Comments

they dont love you

Banned

UNLUCKY

I got retention and no they aint

I got mine from o2 on Wednesday and didn't get offered anything either.

ODB_69

UNLUCKYI got retention and no they aint

you can get tablets for that

The last time I upgraded I was told to take the offer or run and jump! Im due an upgrade Monday. Will probably run down my contract. I get free home broadband, 600 mins and unlimited texs for £25 a month. What did they offer you? Its not looking very good!

Original Poster

Yes, I guess they hate me. The info on the Orange/T-mobile merger is here -
    Clinker

This is the deal I'm looking at, what do you think for a low user?.

My Post

why you want to stay with orange is beyond me.. overbranded junkware, disconnections, bad signal sometimes..

i keep forgetting to complain!

Original Poster

I've been with them 17 years and never had a problem and they let me go just like that.

Yep they're merging so a competing Orange Deal when leaving T-Mobile or reverse as here, will not garner any retention deals... as you're just moving into a sister company.

Everything Everywhere I think is the new parent company with EE shops having both or one of the two brands.

I would of asked why exactly no retention, hung up and come back with a Three/O2/Voda offer to bargain with when asking for PAC

i've just left them....previously had 200 mins unlimited text for £10 per month....offered same deal with crap phone for £25 per month....

When you're asking for your PAC, claiming that you're off to join O2 is by far the best lie to use. Since an O2 mobile contract gets you £5 a month off your O2 broadband contract, you can knock a healthy £120 off your TCO figure. Makes for a way stronger haggling position.

they will probably call you in a few days , thats what vodafone done with me

wallzer

they will probably call you in a few days , thats what vodafone done with … they will probably call you in a few days , thats what vodafone done with me

if he has a pac and uses it straight away it will have already gone through in a few days.

Original Poster

Not got my pac yet as its being posted out.

Even if they give u the PAC, you don't have to use. You can wait until it expires and request it again and see if they will offer you the next time.

I didn't get the upgrade I wanted from 02 (and that was after I lied about going to Vodafone). Went all the way through to cancellation dept and got the PAC code. Think they're wise now to folk fibbing to get a better deal. OH ended up buying the phone for me elsewhere and I just kept the simplicity plan.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29213641
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1743
      3. Your dream gaming set up?1121
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …152364

See more discussions