Groups

Just been to church...to hear our banns being read

Banned
    First time since I was 12, hasn't really evolved with the times really has it? and they didn't even bother reading them! My fianc?is peeeed!

23 Comments

Original Poster Banned

I hope they go to hell...:shock: oh damn jesus now I'm going to hell :shock:

why you getting married in church then? :roll:

Banned

Heads or Tails

Why church and not a civil ceremony?

Original Poster Banned

wulshaz;6682902

why you getting married in church then? :roll:

I like the idea of getting married in church, the rest of it is rubbish though :x

FilthAndFurry;6682904

Heads or Tails

Tails

**Tinkerbell**;6682909

Why church and not a civil ceremony?

We got this sweet little church round the corner from us on a private estate it's gorgeous

financee??? freudian slip there methinks

Jefflan22;6682916

financee??? freudian slip there methinks

lol :-D

Banned

lumoruk;6682910

Tails

ooh:oops:

fiancée

Original Poster Banned

FilthAndFurry;6682929

ooh:oops:

your innuendos are lost on me I'm afraid :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Mum2Connor&Cerys;6682949

fiancée

it doesn't let you put é in the first post

lumoruk;6682956

it doesn't let you put é in the first post

I wouldn't know how to do it,I pasted it from Wikipedia lol.

Original Poster Banned

Mum2Connor&Cerys;6682970

I wouldn't know how to do it,I pasted it from Wikipedia lol.

CTRL +ALT + e = é

Ctrl + Alt + 4 = €
    Ctrl + Alt + u = ú
    Ctrl + Alt + i = í
    Ctrl + Alt + o = ó
    Ctrl + Alt + a = á

lumoruk;6682985

CTRL +ALT + e = é

Learn something new everyday

é

Alt Gr button ( next to space bar ) and 'e' = é

When did they ever actually read out the banns?

Disappointing if you're expecting them to though.

as far as i knew they only ever displayed them 6 weeks before but dont actually read them out?

Original Poster Banned

chesso;6682999

Alt Gr button ( next to space bar ) and 'e' = éWhen did they ever … Alt Gr button ( next to space bar ) and 'e' = éWhen did they ever actually read out the banns? Disappointing if you're expecting them to though.

it was 1st 2nd and 3rd of the month but I emailed the church administrator and she said yes they are definitely being read out today, so hopefully she gets the sack :w00t:

that Alt Gr key didn't know that thanks.

they always read the banns out, its usually read out for at least 3 sundays before the wedding.
    Whether you ever go and actually hear them is another matter.

:thumbsup:
    Right oh, I didn't know they actually read them out for real. I though they just stuck up a notice.:oops:
    You live and learn.:-D

Sackcloth and ashes for the 'administrator'!!

chesso;6683092

:thumbsup:Right oh, I didn't know they actually read them out for real. I … :thumbsup:Right oh, I didn't know they actually read them out for real. I though they just stuck up a notice.:oops:You live and learn.:-DSackcloth and ashes for the 'administrator'!!

No they have to be read in church for at least 3 sunday previous to the wedding. Its all dates back so that weddings dont happen in secret. :thumbsup:

awoodhall2003;6683109

No they have to be read in church for at least 3 sunday previous to the … No they have to be read in church for at least 3 sunday previous to the wedding. Its all dates back so that weddings dont happen in secret. :thumbsup:

Well it's too late for me to find out if anyone leapt to their feet when mine were ( presumably) read out 38 years ago!!

Secret weddings - hence Gretna Green I guess.

How did that questionnaire go?

chesso;6683156

Well it's too late for me to find out if anyone leapt to their feet when … Well it's too late for me to find out if anyone leapt to their feet when mine were ( presumably) read out 38 years ago!! Secret weddings - hence Gretna Green I guess.How did that questionnaire go?

really well thanks, and probably had the best discussion as well over the results and the questions themselves, i did update the post with the 'answers' as such as well.
    hotukdeals.com/ite…=53
    The discussion on just those questions asked lasted well over an hour between a small handful of people.

Gretna Green - good ol' scots!

awoodhall2003;6683173

really well thanks, and probably had the best discussion as well over the … really well thanks, and probably had the best discussion as well over the results and the questions themselves, i did update the post with the 'answers' as such as well.http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/503495/if-anyone-wishes-to-partcipate/showpost.php?p=6657217&postcount=53The discussion on just those questions asked lasted well over an hour between a small handful of people.

:thumbsup:
    I'll tootle along there.

Sorry your fiancee missed the banns, lumoruk.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest place to get ea access?11
      2. Samsung s8 trade in46
      3. Does anyone have a Xbox gold trial code22
      4. Iphone 6 to which handset?45

See more discussions