Groups

Just been YLOD'd for the 2nd time!

Deffinetly going to demand a refund/exchange for slim from Game now! Oh btw has anyone got any replies back from Game regarding the removal of Other OS?

18 Comments

Second time? do you keep your PS3 well ventilated?

Banned

First time iv heard of someone getting YLOD twice

was on the same console or your 2nd phat console,

And same question darkknight is asking

( I was wondering how do you know if the ps3 slim gets the YLOD? )

dj_urban;8397503

First time iv heard of someone getting YLOD twice was on the same console … First time iv heard of someone getting YLOD twice was on the same console or your 2nd phat console, And same question darkknight is asking( I was wondering how do you know if the ps3 slim gets the YLOD? )

I've had it 3 times :x:

Original Poster

Its on the same console, been repaired already from Games repair company, yes keep it well ventillated and I only had it on for about 10mins! I dont think the slims can get it, but I was saying I should get a replacement from Game, which would be a slim...

Original Poster

JaYy_dOg;8397538

I've had it 3 times :x:

same console? =O

Banned

by any chance does the console gradually get louder when the YLOD is going to eventually hit

Starts of biirrng nicly as it heats up after a while the fan is getting closer to sounding like a hairdryer on lowest setting ( im halfway there to lowest setting sound of a hairdryer )

Original Poster

I didnt really notice a change in the sound, but I guess it varies with each console... Don't wana give up my 60gb but I see no other way D= lol

I was going to try with a partial refund from game for the otherOS option but not got round to it yet

Sounds like the repair company did a pretty bad job if you only got 10 minutes life out of it after the 'repair'.

Would push for a replacement if you're still under warranty..

CheeseCake90;8397573

same console? =O

Yepp. And this time my game is stuck inside :L

JaYy_dOg;8398224

Yepp. And this time my game is stuck inside :L

To get your game back, turn the console off by the little switch at the back of the console, then keep hold of the eject button while it is all off then flip the switch at the rear of the console on while still continuing to hold down on eject, dont let go of eject while youn do this, it should then beep and the fans will blow really loud and your game will then be ejected.....

Banned

Spoon321;8398422

To get your game back, turn the console off by the little switch at the … To get your game back, turn the console off by the little switch at the back of the console, then keep hold of the eject button while it is all off then flip the switch at the rear of the console on while still continuing to hold down on eject, dont let go of eject while youn do this, it should then beep and the fans will blow really loud and your game will then be ejected.....

What does that do to the ps3 if it is working fine?

( I did it and it blew a considerable amount of dust out * cough * )

Banned

I hope the next generation of consoles in a few years are better built though I fear it's going to worse.

dj_urban;8398559

What does that do to the ps3 if it is working fine?( I did it and it blew … What does that do to the ps3 if it is working fine?( I did it and it blew a considerable amount of dust out * cough * )

It is a self-test for the internal fan. Do use it sparingly though as over-working the fan in this manner may shorten the lifespan of the component.

BFN,

fp.

master_chief;8398713

I hope the next generation of consoles in a few years are better built … I hope the next generation of consoles in a few years are better built though I fear it's going to worse.

The symptoms leading to the "Yellow Light of Death" status are due to the increasing use of lead-free solder in manufacturing (due to [our old friend] "Health & Safety" concerns].

As soon as the solder reaches a certain temperature the components separate & lose connection with each other.

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

My games stuck in aswell! Tried all the tricks but nothings working, how am I going to get a replacement if I cant get the game out?! Just bought a £20 psn voucher for the mw2 map packs aswell!

Spoon321;8398422

To get your game back, turn the console off by the little switch at the … To get your game back, turn the console off by the little switch at the back of the console, then keep hold of the eject button while it is all off then flip the switch at the rear of the console on while still continuing to hold down on eject, dont let go of eject while youn do this, it should then beep and the fans will blow really loud and your game will then be ejected.....

I tried that many times, worked the last but no luck this time =*{

CheeseCake90;8401567

My games stuck in aswell! Tried all the tricks but nothings working, how … My games stuck in aswell! Tried all the tricks but nothings working, how am I going to get a replacement if I cant get the game out?! Just bought a £20 psn voucher for the mw2 map packs aswell!

Dw mate, the psn card is saved onto your psn account not ps3, so if you buy another one you can just add the accout back.

And for the game, dw either, just fix your ps3 again by following glisky (or whatever) and hopefully it will come out.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions