Just bought a dell laptop from currys, bit concerned with the battery?

Heyo, I just came back from currys, got a dell 1525 laptop from them, I like the look of it, its nice and quick. Just am a bit concerned about the battery.

When I turned it on, the battery stated 32% and not charging. I had to remove it and reinstall it before it started charging. Is there some connection issue here?

Its ok now but a bit worried.

Also, it has a sim card reader under the battery, will this do anything?

9 Comments

the sim card reader will be for hsdpa sims (same as in mobile broadband modems) to allow mobile broadband use.

Original Poster

harlzter;3071720

the sim card reader will be for hsdpa sims (same as in mobile broadband … the sim card reader will be for hsdpa sims (same as in mobile broadband modems) to allow mobile broadband use.

oh ok, does that mean I can use some sort of sim in there for internet?

I diddnt know it had the feature.

aircanman;3071741

oh ok, does that mean I can use some sort of sim in there for internet? I … oh ok, does that mean I can use some sort of sim in there for internet? I diddnt know it had the feature.

Very unlikely unfortunately. The SIM card slot is there in all machines, but you still need to internal 3G modem to be installed in the machine, which will not be there unless advertised due to cost.

Original Poster

Heavertron;3071785

Very unlikely unfortunately. The SIM card slot is there in all machines, … Very unlikely unfortunately. The SIM card slot is there in all machines, but you still need to internal 3G modem to be installed in the machine, which will not be there unless advertised due to cost.

gutted. what about the battery. no one has said anything about that

Go into the BIOS (tap F2 as soon as the laptop is powered on) and go to the battery section. It will tell you about the battery health.

Its quite likely the battery had simply worked loose in transit and is nowt to worry about.

my first 1525 had this problem. turned the problem was the power jack that is part of the motherboard. for a while i had to undo and reinsert to get it to charge, then after a couple weeks it refused to charge at all. new motherboard later, problem solved.

Original Poster

shanecr;3072319

my first 1525 had this problem. turned the problem was the power jack … my first 1525 had this problem. turned the problem was the power jack that is part of the motherboard. for a while i had to undo and reinsert to get it to charge, then after a couple weeks it refused to charge at all. new motherboard later, problem solved.

nice, hope this isnt the issue cos i need this thing for work lol. thanks for the reply tho.

aircanman;3072570

nice, hope this isnt the issue cos i need this thing for work lol. … nice, hope this isnt the issue cos i need this thing for work lol. thanks for the reply tho.

they did repair at my home though. they may do the same for you. If it is the same problem.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Flamedeer is Back!01
    2. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.1828
    3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …911
    4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction55

See more discussions